Quantcast

Less Bullit rear travel

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Sure, by changing to a shorter travel shock, it will effect your geometry though. I put a pushed fox from an '01 bullit on my '04 and the bike feels amazing, low BB, about 65 HA (even slacker if I want using the shuttle) and 6" of travel. Now it feels like a mini DH bike, I won't be getting rid of this bike for awhile.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
You could trade someone for a heckler.

You could custom machine a new longer shock shuttle and use a shorter shock. I've done this on a different bike to get shorter travel with nice geometry.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the old 6in bullits used a 7.875x 2.25, find a 2in stroke by 7.875 and it would be about 5in. air shocks are easy to find in that length.

I loved the way my old 6in bullit felt with a 6in fork, geometry was perfect.

be careful when running the 7.875 shock in the slack position, the older bullits had a bent seat tube so the tire wouldn't rub.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i had an air shox on my bullit for quite a while, its was the same length as the shox used on the blur. 2.15 or some thing like that. i ran it with out a custom shox mount and a 5" fork, ended up with a really slack HA.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
W4S--- You stole ma bike.

That is my exact Bullit setup. Small black 04 frame w/ 01 shock (pushed) w/ a 6" Bomber.

I also feel it is damn close to perfect Trail and light DH bike. It seems kind of ahead of the times: short travel, tough, slack, light just like all the new bikes. Maybe they are all just catching up now. Dunno.

I've got an old 6" Super T for DH. BUT, I'm considering going to the new 2006 66. Or possibly the Fox 36VAN. As a solution to swapping forks around.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
gmac said:
W4S--- You stole ma bike.

That is my exact Bullit setup. Small black 04 frame w/ 01 shock (pushed) w/ a 6" Bomber.

I also feel it is damn close to perfect Trail and light DH bike. It seems kind of ahead of the times: short travel, tough, slack, light just like all the new bikes. Maybe they are all just catching up now. Dunno.
Dude, we're Post Modern! :D

I definitely think that people that climb so they can bomb back down would like a bike set-up like this. The only problem is that you can't find production bikes with these angles. I'd love to buy an RFX, or a Nomad or an Iron Horse, but they're all cross country angles, and they don't feel as good at speed or going down really steep, rocky and rooty trails.