Quantcast

Let him who hath understanding reckon the number...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
narlus said:
which has worse artwork, iron maiden or molly hatchet?
I love maidens art work. it's one thing I really like about them, they kept a constant theme throughout all their albums (minus one of the more recent ones)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yea, those last two are FREAKIN horrible. as was the butt rockin' that was recorded on them..

later Pantera, however, is good stuff.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
COmtbiker12 said:
Shut the hell up dhg, I don't think Ozzfest is even coming here this year. :mad:
yeah well...it's coming here on a SATURDAY for the first time in forever...usually it's on a Tuesday and some of us grownups have to work on Tuesdays and you gotta take a vacation day and then you're all hung over (cuz some of us grownups like to drink lotsa beers at Ozzfest) and your ears are ringing at work the next day...well it finally makes it here on a Saturday and I'm in freakin VEGAS! JEEBUS KRYST! That hurts WAY worse than not having it pass through your hodunk town! :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Derek Riggs did a bunch of Maidens artwork. lots of the early stuff.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
It's funny 'cause after the Iron Maiden backpatch fell off, the area underneath it was all still dark blue denim. I was really into reggae by then, though, so I wrote on the area with a sharpie the names of Bob Marley's Island Releases chronologically. Shortly therafter, the arms ripped/wore out so I cut them off at the shoulder and was left with the faded blue jean vest that in burnout fashion houses can be worn over a black leather jacket for ultimate 'head toughness. So technically, all that remains of it is a wore-out, threadbare blue jean vest with sharpie writing on the back. I do still have it along with my Monsters of Rock tee, Toots & the Maytals tee and a bunch of other assorted concert t-shirts from my youth...well, at least the ones that I didn't wear into rags and ultimately have to pitch. :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
It's funny 'cause after the Iron Maiden backpatch fell off, the area underneath it was all still dark blue denim. I was really into reggae by then, though, so I wrote on the area with a sharpie the names of Bob Marley's Island Releases chronologically. Shortly therafter, the arms ripped/wore out so I cut them off at the shoulder and was left with the faded blue jean vest that in burnout fashion houses can be worn over a black leather jacket for ultimate 'head toughness. So technically, all that remains of it is a wore-out, threadbare blue jean vest with sharpie writing on the back. I do still have it along with my Monsters of Rock tee, Toots & the Maytals tee and a bunch of other assorted concert t-shirts from my youth...well, at least the ones that I didn't wear into rags and ultimately have to pitch. :D

Wow...you were very resourceful with that jacket! You could still make it into a half vest...kinda like a belly-vest...then when that wears out, you can use the fabric to make some pot holders and when those wear out, you can use those pieces in a quilt!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
dh girlie said:
Wow...you were very resourceful with that jacket! You could still make it into a half vest...kinda like a belly-vest...then when that wears out, you can use the fabric to make some pot holders and when those wear out, you can use those pieces in a quilt!
If I made it into a belly vest now, it would be to accommodate my beer belly.

Rest assured, however, that it spent every moment in my possession as a pot holder.

Quilt? Perhaps if my wife was willing to do so- she's actually made quite a number of very cool quilts for family, charity and friends- but I personally lack the patience to sit in one place and do anything for more than an hour that doesn't involve KY.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
ROCKLAND said:
Bwahaha! That was a set-up for you tee off if I've ever seen.
It is probably still massively infused with THC from the countless dutch oven sessions over the 10 years that I wore it. I would bet that if I ever got desperate, I could throw that ol' denim vest on a campfire and get everyone standing around it an amazing contact. :evil: