Quantcast

Lets Discuss a Government Shutdown

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
This was my initial thought as well, but now I'm not so sure. CHIP gets bankrolled, Turtle agreed to talk immigration, and the Dems get the highroad when if the GOP goes back on their word in exchange for 3 weeks of funding.
they had chip last week.....before the shut down.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've been proposing that the President* be strung up in The Hague for six months now. If Bob Mueller reaches an agreement with the Dutch Carpenters Union tomorrow to build a gallows, it doesn't mean that Dotard Don got hung last week.

Todays CR, for the next three weeks, contained within, funding for CHIP, for the next 6 years.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I have a very nice real coarse hemp rope given to me by my grandfather. It is the appropriate diameter and long enough. You need gloves to handle it, so it should be about perfect. Let me know if you could use it...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a very nice real coarse hemp rope given to me by my grandfather. It is the appropriate diameter and long enough. You need gloves to handle it, so it should be about perfect. Let me know if you could use it...
That one is for Sessions.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Letter from my congressperson regarding the message I sent them about the shutdown:
Murky.jpg

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
The destruction of the parks just shows me how little care enough people have that if all police were told to stay home, the Purge would be a real thing.

Fuck this shit, I wish sheeple would just vote everyone of the d-bags out, but nobody is going to vote against there own.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Watched a Rachel Maddow piece last night where she talked about the potential that Herr Twitler is deliberately trying to break the FBI with the government shutdown. Then today there is an article on Huffpo about the low morale of the FBI as they go without a second paycheck. Makes sense I suppose though I doubt he is smart enough to think of that on his own. Who is giving Donnie Two Scoops instructions ?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Okay, shit is fucked, but does no one have any money saved in case they don't have a paycheck for a month?
That's a ridiculous thing to say, there's nowhere in the job description that says you need to be independently wealthy or save a certain amount of money in your account. Shit happens. Cars break down. People get sick. Things break. Fucking earthquakes happen, etc. I hope you can realize how absolutely insane it is to say what you just said. Blaming the victims is some sick shit.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
That's a ridiculous thing to say, there's nowhere in the job description that says you need to be independently wealthy or save a certain amount of money in your account. Shit happens. Cars break down. People get sick. Things break. Fucking earthquakes happen, etc. I hope you can realize how absolutely insane it is to say what you just said.

I don't agree with any part of the shut down, I would be screwed if a real long term medical issue came up, but, I can be unemployed for a long time without a worry of paying for my monthly bills.

But that might just be me.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have a bit of savings, but right now I’m recovering from surgery, so I can’t go do shit for money right now, I could work my normal job just fine if it was open though. I’m on one car right now and just like above, it doesn’t take a lot of things to get into a real bad situation fast.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Surley they can't be this clueless
But yet they (administration officials)are

WASHINGTON - Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross on Thursday said he didn't understand why federal workers were visiting food banks during the government shutdown, saying they should instead seek low-interest loans from banks and credit unions to supplement their lost wages.
"I know they are, and I don't really quite understand why," Ross said on CNBC when asked about federal workers going to food banks. Ross is a billionaire and longtime friend of President Donald Trump.
"The idea that it's paycheck or zero is not a really valid idea," he said. "There's no reason why some institution wouldn't be willing to lend."

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Commerce-secretary-doesn-t-understand-why-unpaid-13558173.php

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Surley they can't be this clueless
But yet they (administration officials)are

WASHINGTON - Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross on Thursday said he didn't understand why federal workers were visiting food banks during the government shutdown, saying they should instead seek low-interest loans from banks and credit unions to supplement their lost wages.
"I know they are, and I don't really quite understand why," Ross said on CNBC when asked about federal workers going to food banks. Ross is a billionaire and longtime friend of President Donald Trump.
"The idea that it's paycheck or zero is not a really valid idea," he said. "There's no reason why some institution wouldn't be willing to lend."

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Commerce-secretary-doesn-t-understand-why-unpaid-13558173.php
Rich old white guy, commenting on stuff that he has no CLUE about. Well done, you old fuck... well done indeed. :disgust1:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'll care about symbolic gestures like this when McConnell emerges from his shell. Will he pass a relatively clean CR? Nope. Therefore this is as much of a sham as repealing the ACA numerous times in the GOP House.
Yeah my opinion is that neither party truly gives a fuck about the shutdown. Both sides are playing us equally.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Haha, got a bill today from my government credit card, which was charged an airline ticket for a trip I never took last week because we haven't been to work since last year. The way the process usually works is we submit travel vouchers through the travel system, get paid, and then pay the credit card. Fortunately, these cards aren't tied to credit reports and when someone doesn't pay, the company calls our manager. I'm 100% certain my manager would tell them to go F-themselves.