Quantcast

@(*&@(*&@LET'S GET READY TO TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUESDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY^*&^*&^ gmt

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Off to the desert for a burrito, a Covid vaccination, a bike ride, and probably a beer. I’ll let you know how the 5G is on my drive back across the state.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy and I need to be too productive for my normal approved effort levels.

Came to realization yesterday that I was supposed to teach a webinar last week, despite being on vacation. Most clients would brush it off as a "good job on double scheduling, dumbass", but this is my one client who doesn't seem to understand life happens. HR there actually got mad last year when I cancelled a few hours of on-site meetings short notice because I had to take Hannah to the hospital and couldn't come, instead of them just sending out an email that I wouldn't be there that day and those who wanted to see me should reach out to reschedule. We had to get a VP (4 levels above me, 1 below CEO) to call her and basically tell her to get a soul and that we're not commodities, and she was still mad for weeks.

Also forgot I have a business plan presentation tomorrow am and completely forgot to do it. So... I gotta do that today. So. Much. Fun. Oh, and our range isn't working right, again. Looking like 3rd $500 repair in 1yr is coming up. Getting really close to saying fuck it and getting something new. Wifey's company has a very high dollar contract with a local appliance provider, so she gets near wholesale on anything we buy from them (our top of the line Bosch dishwasher was $180), so at least we have that going for us.

Can I just be independently wealthy yet and please stop working? This 55 goal is feeling too far away.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Nothing like waking up to a cell phone call from one of my guys asking a "what should I do question" guess it beats a later call of "I fucked up". This is my late day, I would rather have had more sleep though. Oh well Espresso and feeding the dogs then hang out for an hour before having to start getting ready for work isn't all that bad, supposed to be 67 today with winds up to 25 mph. I fear fire season is about to arrive

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Things here work like this:

me: spend weeks and months analyzing and inputting data into a simple system to get it ready to use.
me: are you ready to use it?
me: followup - are you ready to use it?

them: ....

me: BUELLLER, is anybody home? are you ready to use it?

them: ...

me: okay don't care anymore.

them: friday afternoon - but we need this and that before it can be used. can you have that by monday?

me: :banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::butcher::butcher::butcher::butcher:
me: post about it on ridemonkey complaining about it, instead of working on it

ANYWAYS LOL - time to go fill my coffee cup.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Things here work like this:

me: spend weeks and months analyzing and inputting data into a simple system to get it ready to use.
me: are you ready to use it?
me: followup - are you ready to use it?

them: ....

me: BUELLLER, is anybody home? are you ready to use it?

them: ...

me: okay don't care anymore.

them: friday afternoon - but we need this and that before it can be used. can you have that by monday?

me: :banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::butcher::butcher::butcher::butcher:
me: post about it on ridemonkey complaining about it, instead of working on it

ANYWAYS LOL - time to go fill my coffee cup.
Just add Clippy to it and go for a ride

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday.

5.10 Trailcross LT shoes and Troy Lee A1 MIPS ordered. Decision was made easy because those were what REI had in stock.

Otherwise, got a brief lull at work in my project, before the testing/documentation craziness begins.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday.

5.10 Trailcross LT shoes and Troy Lee A1 MIPS ordered. Decision was made easy because those were what REI had in stock.

Otherwise, got a brief lull at work in my project, before the testing/documentation craziness begins.
New helmet day for me too. First full face in over 10yrs so we can be the old guys at the mountains this year.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Son of a bitch...... I see the A1 from REI is like $40 off right now. That's where I bought mine a couple months ago :shakefist:
I used my member coupon + dividend for the shoes ($4), then the wife's member coupon for the helmet.

Never too early to get REI memberships for your kids you know. 4, 20% off coupons, all for yourself.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
or 24", I guess.

Speaking of which, I saw someone riding down the street on an old sch00l Specialized Big Hit yesterday, complete with baby trailer attached. :D
I should pick up a Balfa BB7 and a drum of red loctite for lift days.

Appears that for a mere $1600 CAD I could have this: https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2967692/

888s, double tracks, 5th element, MRP on diabolus cranks. Be still my heart.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
New microwave incoming... I see electrical work in my future. :disgust:

My microwave is a Goldstar I bought used in 1997 for $5. The thing will not die, and I have been going out of my way to kill it. It primarily gets cleaned via pressure washer, and just keeps going.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Plugging an appliance in now constitutes "electrical work"?
Apparently new microwaves *assume* there is an outlet in the cupboard above... and my current microwave installation does *not* - I'm anticipating needing to run wire from the existing outlet (behind the microwave, I'm assuming, since I can't find it) up to a new box in the cupboard.

Maybe it'll work out to be easier than all that... but it's a house, so I know better. :mad:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I worked the first 1.5 hours of my day actually at work. Then I came home and am working from home. It is fairly glorious.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
You medical types are all the same, My GF spent 2 hours on a teams meeting about the new Cath lab and is done for the day. ridiculous....
No, I'm actually working. Full blown PACS reading station here now. Reading off the worklist just like I was at work on campus, normal day of work.

This is going to be tremendous for quality of life, to get my work done with all of the efficiency of a setup at work (better hardware and real life network speed, even) and still be able to step away to help with kids, mealtimes, etc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, I'm actually working. Full blown PACS reading station here now. Reading off the worklist just like I was at work on campus, normal day of work.
on a multi display setup, i prefer to have the task bar extended across the displays so that each screen groups its windows on its own taskbar.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Your blue screen of death is showing.....
Chrome showing Google, monitor calibration software, and a blue background is preferable to a potential HIPAA violation on a photo!
on a multi display setup, i prefer to have the task bar extended across the displays so that each screen groups its windows on its own taskbar.
I am rarely switching between apps while actually working. The whole point of this setup is to have enough real estate to give each its own dedicated area.

Leftmost: worklist and the EMR.
2nd from left: PACS palette on top, dictation on bottom.
3rd and 4th: dedicated to showing the images from PACS.

So for me the task bar matters little and I want to see it as little as possible. :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
What "career" included looking at pictures of nature's pocket?
between fires to fight he and the bros always would sit down and GIS photos of peoples' rectums

a tradition, really