Quantcast

Let's get this started.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Who's riding what this week?

We're doing some XC / FR hike a bike riding tonight at Patapsco. I haven't been on dirt in what seems like months. I can't wait.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
hmm I think thats close to me. Is a vp free too much bike?
We plan on doing a little pedalling but nothing extreme. Mostly short DH runs with hike a bike shuttles. Can you be there around 5-5:30, if so I'll PM you as to where to meet us.

We also ride at Chesapeake BMX pretty often. I'll certainly post up our weekly rides here, so if you can't make this one you can hook up with us in the future.

I'm in Annapolis. Where are you?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
yeah can you give me an address of a nearby landmark. Im done here today at 4:30 so I could probably make it. Im in Hunt Valley off 83.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
yeah can you give me an address of a nearby landmark. Im done here today at 4:30 so I could probably make it. Im in Hunt Valley off 83.
That's kind of a long drive at that time of day with traffic and all. It isn't that spectacular of a ride. I sent you directions anyway, I'll let you make the call.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Well im going to try and brave it out there. Im going home for lunch to get my steed. If it looks bad ill give you a ring.

TDN

Chimp
Aug 25, 2006
Hey jd, we were just up there last night and the 'sco was SWEET. Those singlespeed hammerhead freaks kicked my a$$ though. 3 hours, 12 miles, 2000+ feet of climbing. Ouch. :bonk:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Ouch indeed. I'd like to join them but I don't have lights. We'll just play around 'til dark and bug out. Should still be a good time. Let me know if you want to join us sometime.

TDN

Chimp
Aug 25, 2006
Ouch indeed. I'd like to join them but I don't have lights. We'll just play around 'til dark and bug out. Should still be a good time. Let me know if you want to join us sometime.
I'd be interested, just reeeeeal short on time these days. (2 year old at home plus 12- and 14-yo kids playing baseball and soccer.) Last night was my one weekly kitchen pass (I usually get one, assuming no schedule conflicts).

Just out of curiosity, where do you guys usually ride up there?

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
Just out of curiosity, where do you guys usually ride up there?
It varies... Tonight we had a couple of trucks, so we did a few mini-shuttles. We haul ass down Buzzards Rocks or the "Drop Trail", ride across the bridge, drive back up, and repeat. Kinda silly, but fun for an after work DH fix.