Quantcast

Let's Go Red Sox!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's ending soon.

you can go back to your crocheting by the oil lamp. or scrimshaw.

or frantically masturbating.

whatever it is you do at nights.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Awesome rally. I missed it because I had to take my wife to a book signing. I caught the highlights on Sport Center and it seems a lot of Sox fans missed it too.

Who leaves a game early?

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA

Last year at this point I KNEW they were going back to the world series. I was down in Key West/Miami for a Pats game and there were some folks from Cleveland in the hotel. I told them if the sox win tonight and it goes back to Fenway, we are winning the series. I really didn't have that feeling earlier today. I felt like Maddon basically gave the game away by pitching Kazmir and the sox couldn't get anything going against him. I hope Beckett sees that Maddon basically said, I can Beat Beckett easier than I can beat Dice-K and uses that to have a good game tomorrow.

These series are all about momentum shifts. and now the momentum has shifted! Sox need to score a bunch of runs in the first in TB and keep the MO going!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
baboon, splat, BV...where are you guys? did you turn it off @ 7-0???
How often do you see me online at 1130pm?

I fell asleep when it was 5-0. Woke up this morning surprised as hell to see the Sox had won. Boy if that team needed a spark to get them to wake up, they just got hit with a lightning bolt.

It's funny to see that the only joy Yankee fans get these days is in cheering against the Red Sox. I guess that's all you've got when your team sucks balls.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wow, finally during the 6th I turned it off. I figured this game is over... :)

Whoops!

Great job Sox!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yeah, LOL, my wife got up this morning talking about Phillies vs. Rays. I wish I'd had one of those Dewey defeats Truman papers...

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Fox Sports said:
Down 3-1 in games, the Sox won the final three outings against the Indians to capture the 2007 ALCS on their way to their second World Series title in four years. Things looked dark when the Indians won their third game in a row after dropping the opener, but Manny Ramirez urged the Sox to remain calm, saying, "It's not the end of the world." The Sox then trounced the Indians in the next three games, 7-1, 12-2 and 11-2.
That's not the context I remember it in. I remember it as Manny saying big deal, we will lose. Then his agent spun in his favor.

splat

Nam I am
I remember this one so so so clearly, I was then at Game 6 at Fenway where we all in the bleachers were bowing to Dave Henderson . It was awesome!!!!

fox sports said:
The Angels held a 3-1 lead in games in the 1986 ALCS and took a three-run lead into the ninth. Mike Witt was two outs from recording his second complete-game win of the series when he gave up a two-strike, two-run homer to Don Baylor. Two Angels pitchers later, Dave Henderson hit a two-strike, two-run homer off of Donnie Moore to give Boston a 6-5 lead. The Angels tied it in the ninth, but Henderson drove in the winning run with a sacrifice fly in the 11th (also against Moore). The Sox went on to easily win Games 6 and 7 and advance to the World Series

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Awesome rally. I missed it because I had to take my wife to a book signing. I caught the highlights on Sport Center and it seems a lot of Sox fans missed it too.

Who leaves a game early?
there were a lot of people in the stands for a game in the 7th when your team is down 7 and has done jack-all for the previous two games. i honestly didn't see many empty seats at all.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That was incredible. I was glued to the TV the whole game, watching in our dorm lounge with a few other people. I think about half the dorm thought a bomb had gone off in the lounge when the Sox won the game. We were going NUTS.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Go Sox!

Does anyone actually have the game on their TV right now?? Our TBS has some lame ass rerun of some sitcom no one gives a flying f**k about!!

I am pissed. I just sent a wicked awesome email to TBS telling them I hope they and their network rots in the bowels of Hell... IN so many words!

:rant: :rant: A$$HOLES! :rant: :rant:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Update: We now have the game. Now that my resting heart rate is up around 150, I will being drinking to depress it.

I swear, between nasty emails and phone calls to Fox, Time Warner, and now TBS, I have had ENOUGH of television techs.

Okay, moving on to positive:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOX! :weee: