Quantcast

Lets keep this forum open this time!!!

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
I think everyone needs to remember what happened last year to this forum. Lets not let that happen again this year.

Just because the weather sucks right now, does not mean everyone needs to get on their High Horse and ride it in to Ridemonkey! Relax, get on your rollers or trainer and go for a spin or something.

I for one stopped posting and reading this forum for a while due to all the whining. This forum used to be the place to talk about riding, bs, and to get rides going, and in my case and BigMike talk about our newest and latest stupid move that resulted in some sort of bodily harm!

I guess all I am asking is if you want to start whining and putting everyone else down about their riding, lifestyle, finacial status etc, then take it over to somewhere like Pinkbike where the average IQ is lower than the size of the wheels they ride!

I just dont want this turing into Romper Room™ all over again.

And to the Mods, if I am out of line with this, please remove this thread.
Thanks,
Adam

Fixed.

Mike

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Yeah I know they have already contacted me....I just like the way it sounds in my head!!!! Just getting tired of getting online and feeling as if I am in junior high again!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
personnally i don't think that there is really a bad time of year to ride. the winter is a great time to just go out nad have fun riding. seeing for the most part you are not trying to push yourself in the winter.

but yeah if this forum got closed again this year i would be pissed. there is just no need for people to get that wound up over what someone says on a forum. on the same note nor should some one say something that could get someone wound up that much. its just commen interest on here. we ALL want trails to ride and we ALL would rather be on our bikes than most anything else

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Looks like the SE forum gets to have the pissing match this year.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175126

Looking back on this last year, I'd say there have been a lot of positive changes and constructive efforts. Us NOVA/MD riders finally have MORE on our side, advocating freeride and DH trails, (in part due to some of the arguments on this board that indirectly got this board shut down). We weren't successful with Whitetail for '07 but at least a strong effort was made. An advanced loop at Rosaryville with TTF's is underconstruction. The possibility of new trails and freeride skills area at Patapsco looks very promising and the fact that the existing illegitimate trails have been kept open in the meantime is outstanding. Let's keep working together! We can accomplish a lot if we don't argue with each other!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Looks like the SE forum gets to have the pissing match this year.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175126

Looking back on this last year, I'd say there have been a lot of positive changes and constructive efforts. Us NOVA/MD riders finally have MORE on our side, advocating freeride and DH trails, (in part due to some of the arguments on this board that indirectly got this board shut down). We weren't successful with Whitetail for '07 but at least a strong effort was made. An advanced loop at Rosaryville with TTF's is underconstruction. The possibility of new trails and freeride skills area at Patapsco looks very promising and the fact that the existing illegitimate trails have been kept open in the meantime is outstanding. Let's keep working together! We can accomplish a lot if we don't argue with each other!

LOL just skimmed through that SE thing. Reminds me of here last year.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
This forum has very little of raggin on people. I have been to other forums where people literally are afraid to post. They have a newb section where there is twice as much flaming going on, and anyone who posts outside the newb section doesn't get real responses at all they just get hated on. Maybe you are oversensative?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Maybe you are oversensative?
I would not say overly senstive, you may not be aware that the head monkey shut this forum down for a couple months last year. The poster is simply reminding people of this to keep it from getting to that point again. :)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
meow i tried to ride today up on the mountain and there was solid sheet of ice. It was awful and a complete waste of time.
sucks it's been the same way here, lately, bottom of the mtn is all gross and muddy, get up top and it's nothing but a solid sheet of ice.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i actually got out today on the xc bike at wakefield and it was a blast. some sections were wicked fast while others really sucked. the whole place was frozen over (so bad i actually never sunk in once) but some how i was still able to find good traction. my friend and i were pushing about an 80% pace out there. even though it really was frozen over like that the ice did have some bit to it still.

btw anyone looking to ride out there use HIGH pressure. it will be the only way that you will get any bit on the ice. you don't need flotation of any kind because that ice is so hard. also i was able to ride the whole race coarse on the semi slicks that i had on the bike (kenda karmas).