Quantcast

Lets see you xc bikes

Feb 1, 2008
mavisdale,va
My two (the Monocog is currently in s state of limbo/metamophisis...ie:torn apart at the moment)...

2008 Redline d440 (sweet 29er goodness)

2002 Redline Monocog (now back with the rigid fork)

Yeah,I know...this is the XC forum,these are a SS and a 29er...but they are my XC rides :weee:

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909

Nothing fancy. I'd like to have a full Shimano transmission, but XO will have to do since my funds are allocated to other stuff

north20

Chimp
Nov 5, 2007
East Cascades - PNW
1997 Specialized Ground Control, 24.8 lbs. Yep, time for a new bike.

Man, I'm impressed that thing is still together. Riding buddy of mine back when those were new had one, and the routine was always the same ...

Go for a ride and listen for the increasing squeaking from the pivots.

While on the next ride listen for the pivots squeaking far louder, and by ride's end the looseness of the pivots was noticeable.

Service pivots before the next ride.

We both worked for a Specialized dealer, and he finally "broke" it and managed to talk the rep into giving him an S-Works hardtail frame in replacement.

Otherwise he loved that Ground Control, and did get the next gen frame when they were available. You've done a great job keeping that thing looking good :)

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Not to hijack but... How are you guys liking the Epics? I have a friend who is looking to get into some endurance events and I was thinking Anthem (only bike of that type I have ridden). Any other frame recommendations?