Quantcast

Lets see your NW Beauty

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
wonder how they would do for 4x. then again, there isn't any 4x around.
think i would be pretty sick, I personally would want a little lower BB (half inch or so) but the head angle isn't to bad, stays are the right length. I think it would rail.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
the stays are 16.3 kinda short i would at least want 16.5
But the frame that i'm making you has 16" stays... Joe's has 16.25" stays.

But in all honestly, the average rider can't tell the difference in a quarter inch when it comes to chainstays, BB height, or even top tube length. The average rider can't usualy tell when crank arms are 175's vs. 170's, or when their cranks are bent. You have to be pretty dialed to be able to tell the difference with all those things

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Thanks, the Totem matches up with the frame really well.
The weather is meant to be crappy tomorrow which sucks, but I'm still going riding. I'll just get up super early in case it's dry then.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Thanks, the Totem matches up with the frame really well.
The weather is meant to be crappy tomorrow which sucks, but I'm still going riding. I'll just get up super early in case it's dry then.
Keep us posted. I've had 2 F1's and I loved them. I'm on a Sunday now, but it seems like the Lucky would be a sick choice for sure. Though for me personally the BB is a little hight and the head angle is a little steep. But the geo is great for what that bike is designed for!

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Keep us posted. I've had 2 F1's and I loved them. I'm on a Sunday now, but it seems like the Lucky would be a sick choice for sure. Though for me personally the BB is a little hight and the head angle is a little steep. But the geo is great for what that bike is designed for!
Initial thoughts are positive, I'm liking the progressive nature of the rear end, makes it really supple over roots and rocky sections. The rear end is nice and stiff when stuffing it into turns. The BB is at 14" right now which for me is low enough.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
That's pretty good. What's your head angle? I thought the geometry was going to be 66 head angle with a 14+ BB.
I need to measure it but it's slacker than my 7.7 which was estimated to be about 67, so 66 would be a good guess. The angles are good for the riding around here. Any slacker and it doesn't really work on the slower tight tech trails.

Milton Burl

Chimp
Jan 12, 2006
Issaquompton
I just picket this bad boy up yesterday.
Man she cleaned up nice, every single part works and is original.
Can you say STOKED!
"What's this......Bart Taylor is stopping on course.....he wants Crew Jones one on one" "Good night team strategy"
Ok, thats all I've got.