Quantcast

Lets see your pets

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
What a pretty kitty, Douglas...my kitty looks like that but where your kitty is black, my kitty is grey...I'm SURE I have a picture of her SOMEWHERE ;) She's soooooo cute...

thanks......I like your kitty too ;)

:D

my cat looks cute in a picture, but if you meet her you would know why we named her "Freak" !

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
douglas said:
Holy cow your cat looks like mine!
Ack! An Abby TWIN! Does your kitty follow you around meowing for love? And does she bite you as a way of expressing that love back? (She gnaws, actually)
My kitty is a bit on the tough side, as we got her from the big house...kitty jail, the pound. Yup, our little tortie has done some HARD TIME.

And to the fish tank folks, I would make two suggestions (I used to work for pet stores, managed the fish departments, been doing salt/reef for years) that have already been made but they are IMPORTANT. 1) Read everything you possibly can before you pour that first drop of water. Arm yourself with information. And 2) Do NOT use tapwater. RO (Reverse Osmosis) is best. If you can I would suggest buying an RO system for your regular water changes. If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Ciaran said:
Ack! An Abby TWIN! Does your kitty follow you around meowing for love? And does she bite you as a way of expressing that love back? (She gnaws, actually)
My kitty is a bit on the tough side, as we got her from the big house...kitty jail, the pound. Yup, our little tortie has done some HARD TIME.

follow:yes

bite:no but she likes to swat/scratch

and yes, Freak has also done HARD TIME !

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My other little friends....

First Konan. Yes, he's a snapping turtle that I found roaming around the yard around Halloween 2003 and he was about the size of a half doller...needless to say he grew over the winter. Never once snapped at us and was quite nice. He was just returned to the wilderness on Sunday :(

Second & Third: Shelby & Cooper. Both painted turtles. I have had Shelby the longest and he's REALLY friendly. I can never turn him loose for fear that he'll die because he won't have me to pet his head & feed him. Cooper is moody and still snaps once in a while and could be set loose I think, but I would miss them. They really do have a lot of personality.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TreeSaw said:
My other little friends....

First Konan. Yes, he's a snapping turtle that I found roaming around the yard around Halloween 2003 and he was about the size of a half doller...needless to say he grew over the winter. Never once snapped at us and was quite nice. He was just returned to the wilderness on Sunday :(

Second & Third: Shelby & Cooper. Both painted turtles. I have had Shelby the longest and he's REALLY friendly. I can never turn him loose for fear that he'll die because he won't have me to pet his head & feed him. Cooper is moody and still snaps once in a while and could be set loose I think, but I would miss them. They really do have a lot of personality.

Your turtle ran away? How does this happen? :confused:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TreeSaw said:
LOL!!! Nope, I turned him loose so he could do his thing...plus, he's a snapping turtle and was bound to "snap" sometime and I don't have plans on loosing a finger ;)
Oh ok...I was thinking damn...if he accidentally escaped, it's not like he could get too far before you noticed him missing and were able to look for him...

Do they really "snap" hard enough to take a finger off? Us suburbia folks don't see too many wild turtles runnin around...although a coworker and I were between offices and we were driving down the street one day and he was like STOP! There was a turtle back there on the sidewalk!!! We turned around and sure enough there was a turtle that was probably close to a foot long from the tip of his nose to his little stubby tail...this was over ten years ago and he STILL has the turtle!

the medium ones can... the ones bigger then a cookie pan, who's mouths are big enough... can take your hand off... they are bottom feeders, they eat dead things by pulling down to the bottom and holding... they are prehistoric ish ... not aggressive unless you corner it, but only eats what it can drag down... aka, small dogs, ducks, i have heard of yellow labs disappearing in adirondak ponds... biggest i have seen was the size of a toilet seat wide... they can be old if able to still feed....

i used to tease them as a kid and see how big a stick they would snap off...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
dh girlie said:
Oh ok...I was thinking damn...if he accidentally escaped, it's not like he could get too far before you noticed him missing and were able to look for him...

Do they really "snap" hard enough to take a finger off? Us suburbia folks don't see too many wild turtles runnin around...although a coworker and I were between offices and we were driving down the street one day and he was like STOP! There was a turtle back there on the sidewalk!!! We turned around and sure enough there was a turtle that was probably close to a foot long from the tip of his nose to his little stubby tail...this was over ten years ago and he STILL has the turtle!
Yeah, turtles live for a long time! Doesn't surprise me that your friend's is still alive. Especially Box turtles (they have a taller shell and live on land). Yes, snapping turtles could open a world of hurt on you. I have seen bigger ones that can snap branches and they tear off each other's limbs when they fight! :eek: That's why I let my little guy go. He's cute now, but he won't be forever.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, turtles live for a long time! Doesn't surprise me that your friend's is still alive. Especially Box turtles (they have a taller shell and live on land). Yes, snapping turtles could open a world of hurt on you. I have seen bigger ones that can snap branches and they tear off each other's limbs when they fight! :eek: That's why I let my little guy go. He's cute now, but he won't be forever.
Hey I have a good idea...do they respond to their names? It would be cool to change one of the remaining turtles names to Gamera!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
Not on a personal level, but I am president of the western chapter of his fan club! :D

Gamera is pretty cool, but I personally like MOTHRA!!!!

Especially the little twin girls that sing the song the wakes him up. I want to find that song and put it on my alarm.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DVNT said:
Gamera is pretty cool, but I personally like MOTHRA!!!!

Especially the little twin girls that sing the song the wakes him up. I want to find that song and put it on my alarm.
Oh Mothra...I HATE Mothra...I'm really not comfortable with moths and butterflies...I had this huge walk in closet as a kid and that was kinda my playroom, and my cat caught this HUGE moth and took him in the closet and my stupid older brother locked me in that closet with the cat and the huge moth and turned off the light and the moth was flutering in my hair and around my neck. It was horrific...scarred me for life...so Mothra is my worst nightmare but I do love to sing the song...MOTHAAARAAAA...MOTHAAARAAAAAA

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I had this huge walk in closet as a kid and that was kinda my playroom
uhhhh..... :confused:

i don't think parents can lock their kids in closets anymore....

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
It was my brother...and the closet is basically another room...it is a closet that is almost Cribs worthy!

must be an older brother thing. mine used to scare the sh!t at of me when i was 6 (seeing monsters hiding age).

One night they hid under my bed and one grabbed my left arm while the other grabbed my right until i jumped up screaming!

So i blame them for the way i turned out as an adult.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DVNT said:
must be an older brother thing. mine used to scare the sh!t at of me when i was 6 (seeing monsters hiding age).

One night they hid under my bed and one grabbed my left arm while the other grabbed my right until i jumped up screaming!

So i blame them for the way i turned out as an adult.

Oh yeah older brothers can be real dicks...he used to make me go upstairs to get him something and then he'd turn off the light and scream theres a MAN up there! HAHAHA! But then again, that constant getting picked on and fighting probably made me the tough chick I am today! :D