Quantcast

Lets see your x-ray injuries!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
here's mine. impaction fracture of the front part of the bottom end of the larger of the two bones in the lower leg, the tibia. did it night skiing in january and kept on skiing, riding, etc. until i realized a few weeks ago that if it had just been a sprained ankle it would have gotten better long ago :D

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Toshi said:
here's mine. impaction fracture of the front part of the bottom end of the larger of the two bones in the lower leg, the tibia. did it night skiing in january and kept on skiing, riding, etc. until i realized a few weeks ago that if it had just been a sprained ankle it would have gotten better long ago :D

don t you study medicine ??

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Left ankle 4/05:

After surgery:

The screw that is inserted across both bones was removed 9/05. The surgeon also removed the lowest screw holding the ti hardware to my fibula. I still have 9 screws and one Ti plate "installed."

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
BurlyShirley said:
Sensei Goatse knows all.
damn goatse...

i m to afraid to check if that is still around... i don t need / want to see that ever again... does bikerfox have a link to it on his g@y little webpage ??

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
partsbara said:
damn goatse...

i m to afraid to check if that is still around... i don t need / want to see that ever again... does bikerfox have a link to it on his g@y little webpage ??
I have no clue if goatse is still around, and god willing, I will never have to see that it is:rofl: Bikerfox would definitely know.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Left ankle from a soccer injury about 10 years ago (but I managed to score before they took me out!)

and my wrist from this past Feb at Fontana

it's not the break that's so painful, it's the rehab... it's still painful at times

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Aug 1 2004. Snow Summit, Big Bear California. Went down and my leg hit a rock right above the ankle. A couple of really nice folks (Including a fellow monkey) helped me out by staying with me, getting my bike into the car, and taking me to the hospital. The nice folks at Snow Summit said that they couldn't take me down the mountain in their truck because the last time they did that the person SUED THEM! (Said the ride off the mountain aggrivated the injury). So I was faced with two options... wait for an ambulance to come up ($$$) and get me or ride down. Guess which one I chose? It only really hurt when I put my leg down that one time.

Broke both bones, the big one was pretty bad. The docs at the Big Bear hospital said it was one of the worst breaks they had seen that didn't involve any kind of tissue damage. I got "lucky".

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Ciaran said:
Aug 1 2004. Snow Summit, Big Bear California....
Broke both bones, the big one was pretty bad. The docs at the Big Bear hospital said it was one of the worst breaks they had seen that didn't involve any kind of tissue damage...
Woah. You don't do anything half-way, do you.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Shyrmp said:
Hey, I think we were there.
Wasn't it also your other friend that had to be pulled out of the same jumps. Can't wait for Mammoth to open.
Yup... Orven and TYM carried my buddy off the trail on a backboard.

Can't wait to go back :rolleyes:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
More importanly, how are you guys getting images of your x-rays to digi files? Every time I've tried to scan them, they come out too dark and the x-ray itself gets more exposed by the scanner and hard to see.

I've got a good one from the coffin jumps too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
kidwoo said:
More importanly, how are you guys getting images of your x-rays to digi files? Every time I've tried to scan them, they come out too dark and the x-ray itself gets more exposed by the scanner and hard to see.

My ortho has a digital imaging x-ray system, he views them on a big lcd. He offered to send me the files.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
kidwoo said:

I carry a thumb-drive. So far, two different ERs have been able to transfer JPG files of my films to the drive...

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
kidwoo said:
Bingo

Thanks

It's refreshing to realize that the most obvious conclusion escapes me. It goes without saying I've got some killer cat scan images as well.
kewl what works well is setting your monitor on a white screen and putting your xray over that. works even better than the lightbulb thing.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
kidwoo said:

I put mine on my flatbed scanner and laid some white sheets of paper on them and left the lid open. Scanned exactly as you see them.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
freshly done last monday. popped back in easily. the avulsion down to the tendon on the underside however, required 8 stitches. not so hot landing off one of the drops at keystone. also bruising pretty in much every place that wasn't covered by armour.

not as gnarly as some of the others posted, but i'm still off the bike for any offroad stuff for a while. got to let all the little tendons and ligaments heal up from having the crap torn out of them.

going for a light road spin tomorrow morning.