Quantcast

Let's Talk About "Birthers"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The comments are killing me. Someone called Obama a "Keynesian child molesting bankster" and "Mombasa Miracle Man".

:rofl:

The guy's sentences don't even make sense. He's just regurgitating words he heard from Limbaugh and the like, and piecing them together like the manatee's making an episode of family guy :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well they have to go with something since "hang the n*r" won't fly anymore. Got to find a way to keep those minorities down.
At a dinner party last weekend this rather charismatic dude had an audience while bitching about the government. He kept the conversation interesting enough that he had some people listening. Things fell apart when he mentioned he got a speeding ticket and the only reason was that the cop was a "Ni", he got half way through it and caught himself. Everybody knew what he was going to say and just walked away.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The f*cking country is going down the toilet, and these people are very concerned the president is black. If I needed any more proof that fundamentalists were ignorant, racist, backwoods tards, that would do it.

Of course the white guy was fine. He lied us into a pointless war, make our country look downright evil and ran the economy into the ground, but he was white and he was killing brown people, and that's all that mattered.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Here in the right wing "christian" hell hole that I live in. Lots of people still seriously discuss this issue. :tinfoil: My experience is that you just can't talk to people like this. No amount of proof will ever convince them. You just become, in their eye's hopelessly stupid or "part of the conspiracy". These are the same people still hanging on to fake moon landings, 9/11 conspiracies, secret world governments, silent black helicopters, and big foot.

also this probably belongs in P&WN.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
My experience is that you just can't talk to people like this.
Exactly! You can't argue with someone who doesn't know (or want to know) what a logical fallacy is. Their arguments are so flawed you can't even begin to respond without trying to educate the person first.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
At a dinner party last weekend this rather charismatic dude had an audience while bitching about the government. He kept the conversation interesting enough that he had some people listening. Things fell apart when he mentioned he got a speeding ticket and the only reason was that the cop was a "Ni", he got half way through it and caught himself. Everybody knew what he was going to say and just walked away.
So the cop was a nickel??? :confused:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
US Army base in Panama=US soil.
Nope. It was the canal zone, and technically it was a US territory at the time. Territories are kind of a gray area, and to the best of my knowledge they are essentially treated on a case by case basic.

More importantly, from the state department:

Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.
However, if one parent is a citizen, the child is still a citizen. But a child born to non-citizens on a military base in another country is NOT a US citizen. Title 8, Section 1403 of the United States Code grants citizenship to those born in the Canal Zone with at least one parent who is a United States citizen, so as far as US citizenship goes it was treated like a foreign country.

Puerto Rico is a US territory, but it is not incorporated. People born there are granted US citizenship, but they have to travel to a US state in order to vote at the federal level of the US Gov't. Even though they are US citizens, they have essentially no true representation in the US gov't (no representation in the Senate, and one non-voting member of the House). I am unsure that someone from PR, who has US citizenship, would be eligible as a candidate for US Presidency (not sure if the 14 years of living in the US would supersede this or not - legal monkies?).

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
right wingers believe in 9/11 conspiracies?

don't you have them confused with liberals?
No. Right Wingers = nut jobs.

Although I guess technically 9/11 was a conspiracy. A whole bunch of crazy Muslim dudes getting together and planing to fly planes into buildings is a conspiracy. Just not the conspiracy theory I was referring too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
...and the game has reached a new low.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105764

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/2/761144/-Debunking-the-unbearably-stupid

The birther movement has produced images of what is supposedly Obama's Kenyan birth certificate. Apparently its got more holes in than swiss cheese, so to speak. And you know its bad if Karl Rove has already tweeted that its "likely a forgery". :rofl:

http://washingtonindependent.com/53547/karl-rove-the-kenyan-birth-certificate-is-likely-a-forgery

At least this forgery was entertaining:

http://polydaidaloi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/obamabirthyf0.gif

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
I have to agree that these guys are the worst thing that could happen to the GOP. And I hope they continue.

There has been enough pieces of evidence, including a birth cirtificate, that have been produced (including a birth announcement from a newspaper in hawaii), yet they ignore all of that. They will not ever believe it.

There are probably just as many on the left that believed that bush was never technically president because of how the whole thing went down in 2000, but, at the end of the day a.) they accepted the truth and b.) the democrats tamped down that talk instead of fueling it.

Let the GOP keep pushing the idea. Then one day they will wake up, find it is 2012, and the only message they will have out there is "where is the birth certificate." Priceless.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I've never been steered wrong by the assumption that an average American is about as intelligent as the squid family on "Squidbillies"...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
One too many hits to the head Chuck?

In a column Tuesday, actor and conservative political figure Chuck Norris argued that President Obama should release his birth certificate. Norris said that he finds it "a bit of a groundless stretch" to believe the president is not from Hawaii. Yet, he tells Obama, "Refusing to post your original birth certificate is an unwise political and leadership decision that is enabling the "birther" controversy." And he adds that the president's alleged reluctance suggests that he does have something to hide -- even if he was born in the U.S.