Quantcast

Let's talk about diapers

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Saw these at Whole Foods recently, I think they may sway us from getting a diaper service.

http://www.gdiapers.com/

About $20 for a starter kit, then about $13 for packs of 40 diapers.

Diapers services are about the same cost, but you have to keep a big pail of stanky diapers in your house up to a week before they pickup. NOT nice in the summer.

Disclaimer: I know this thread will turn into a disgusting free-for all. The above link was meant for monkey people who are expecting or currently raising infants. Ok - have at it.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
"Hello disposable diapers, good bye disposable income."

I got 2 under 2- feeling your pain.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Set up a compost bin in your back yard. Put a little clothes line above the compost bin and hose off the soiled diapers into the bin before putting them in a bucket.

You can then utilize the baby poop to help your garden.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
"Hello disposable diapers, good bye disposable income."

I got 2 under 2- feeling your pain.
I already have a 16 year old and a baby on the way in April.

OH FVCK.
I'LL BE LIVING WITH AN INFANT AND A 16 YEAR OLD.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

OH FVCK.

Hey this should be good training for your daughter if she gets pregnant sometime soon. :rofl:

Sorry, had to.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Set up a compost bin in your back yard. Put a little clothes line above the compost bin and hose off the soiled diapers into the bin before putting them in a bucket.

You can then utilize the baby poop to help your garden.
Actually the gdiapers an be composted, just not the poopy ones. We already have the bin set up. (with wild tomato plants popping out of it)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Hey this should be good training for your daughter if she gets pregnant sometime soon. :rofl:

Sorry, had to.
Heh, there's a bit of truth to that...works as a great form of birth control too. My youngest sister is 16 years younger than I am. I got more than enough time in helping take care of her when she was younger. Although most people who see me with kids think I'd make a great parent, I have absolutely no desire to have children, even now, 14 years after she was born.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
swishstick?

So these won't work at a public toilet unless you're carrying the crapstick?

We'll probably just get several months supply at CostCo at a time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So weird, I was driving the other day thinking about how many diapers we throw away. I thought there had to be a better way... now I'm looking through all these links post above and I'm kind of upset I didn't know about any of this stuff.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
swishstick?

So these won't work at a public toilet unless you're carrying the crapstick?
I think they supply that considering most home plumbing is pretty weak. I'd think that most public toilets would take these whole with no issues.

In fact I think my home toilet could handle these, it's not weak at all.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
.. now I'm looking through all these links post above and I'm kind of upset I didn't know about any of this stuff.
Check the little video they put up about how the gdiapers decompose next to plastic diapers. Drastic.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
So weird, I was driving the other day thinking about how many diapers we throw away. I thought there had to be a better way... now I'm looking through all these links post above and I'm kind of upset I didn't know about any of this stuff.
We've looked into services and other green solutions. The one we found works best is buy whatever is cheapest, we are using a lot of them. We do have a service that comes and picks up the used ones, along with the rest of our trash, every other Wednesday. So convenient!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

OH FVCK.
If you haven't gotten the 16 year old out of diapers by now, then the environmental impact has already been done.

<edit> our son was 14 when our daughter was born. It is kinda strange.