Quantcast

Let's Talk Break Ups...

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Anyone ever have an experience where they split with someone in a peaceful, caring way...no hostility or anger or conflict? (i have a headache)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Graphics said:
Anyone ever have an experience where they split with someone in a peaceful, caring way...no hostility or anger or conflict? (i have a headache)
most of my break-ups have been amicable. Usually get a departing BJ or booty call as a departing consolation gift.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
LordOpie said:
most of my break-ups have been amicable. Usually get a departing BJ or booty call as a departing consolation gift.
Wow...i'll make sure not to let mine see your quote so there won't be any misconscrewed ideas. :love: You probably played the pity act huh? :love:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Graphics said:
Wow...i'll make sure not to let mine see your quote so there won't be any misconscrewed ideas. :love: You probably played the pity act huh? :love:
are you dumping your b/f? If so, why?

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
LordOpie said:
i said "usually".

I've only had one crazy stalker in the years I've been here out of half dozen 'relationships'
I just meant they were all crazy. ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm lucky, all mine end in a psycho rage followed by stalking and then years of theropy later. But that's just the way I am.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Graphics said:

Hahaha "peaceful, caring way" :rofl:

not sure whats going on but people I know in the last couple weeks:

wife#1 leaves hubby, sleeps with another guy 2 days later.
wife#2 leaves husband for another person
wife#3 leaves husband for another person
note:#2 & #3, the other person was each other..get it - the wifes turned lesbians and are now together!
wife#4 wants to leave husband, he abuses her, hes in jail now

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
douglas said:
Hahaha "peaceful, caring way" :rofl:

not sure whats going on but people I know in the last couple weeks:

wife#1 leaves hubby, sleeps with another guy 2 days later.
wife#2 leaves husband for another person
wife#3 leaves husband for another person
note:#2 & #3, the other person was each other..get it - the wifes turned lesbians and are now together!
wife#4 wants to leave husband, he abuses her, hes in jail now
No "another person" here...just a lotta drama and misery that i don't want for my life anymore. It's amazing what loosing weight and going to school can do to a person to uplift them. But it ONLY uplifted me. Do you sacrifice yourself "till death do you part" for a passionless life of unhappiness?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Stosh, I'm just noticing that avatar is so you...

On topic:

What's amicable? I thought all relationships were supposed to end by chopping up the siginificant other and putting them in a garbage bag out on the curb...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Exactly how I picture you at work.

You ARE a shirt and tie guy, right?
Shirt, no tie and typically I sit like Dwight is in that pic. I'm a one handed drafter!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
One hand on the mouse, one hand on the "mouse"?
Ha, that was kind funny.

It's more like, one hand on the mouse, one hand on the coffee cup.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Thinking highly of youself? ;)

Are you one of those guys like Lumberg that has a coffee cup in hand every hour of the day?
Between 8am and 11am yes.
The rest of the day it's my novara water bottle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My last big breakup occurred when the GF was living at my place. She really dragged her feet in leaving (it was her choice to leave though) so things got really weird. She would just hang out at friends places until the late evening before coming home. To prevent uncomfortable silence or arguments we just had angry sex before going to bed. It was actually the best month in our 5 year relationship.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Westy said:
My last big breakup occurred when the GF was living at my place. She really dragged her feet in leaving (it was her choice to leave though) so things got really weird. She would just hang out at friends places until the late evening before coming home. To prevent uncomfortable silence or arguments we just had angry sex before going to bed. It was actually the best month in our 5 year relationship.
So the theme seems to be that "happy ending" until he's out? :love: :agree:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
My horoscope for the week...

Because of this, you can't do that. Because of that, you can't do this. Yet, because of the whole idea of limits, boundaries and barriers, we are all drinking at the 'What-If Saloon'. Staggering around, intoxicated by the sheer number of maybes and could-bes we have consumed. Hardly able to think straight. Hardly able to see what's possible. Just keenly aware of all the can'ts and mustn'ts which urgently need to be forgotten. Forget the 'reason', this week, why something is impossible. Just sober up from the haze of doubt and the maze of confusion.. and start looking for simple ways to get what you truly need.