Quantcast

Let's Talk Break Ups...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jonKranked said:
angry sex is good. i think it wins out slightly over make-up sex.

I would say the only thing that could beat it is we are going to die within the hour sex, but I can not speak from experience.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Graphics said:
My horoscope for the week...

Because of this, you can't do that. Because of that, you can't do this. Yet, because of the whole idea of limits, boundaries and barriers, we are all drinking at the 'What-If Saloon'. Staggering around, intoxicated by the sheer number of maybes and could-bes we have consumed. Hardly able to think straight. Hardly able to see what's possible. Just keenly aware of all the can'ts and mustn'ts which urgently need to be forgotten. Forget the 'reason', this week, why something is impossible. Just sober up from the haze of doubt and the maze of confusion.. and start looking for simple ways to get what you truly need.
So you're not getting "ANY" then?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
The only semi-smooth break up's I've seen are people who were divorcing after a short (3-5 year) "starter marriage." That means there is no kids, no property, no money and no regrets...

Other than that, there is no such thing as an easy divorce...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
Is it possible that the surfeit of experience with breakups bespeaks a lack of judgement - rushing into "relationships" that are neither serious nor committed?

Just a thought.
Sure, but not all relationships are meant to be serious or committed. Ive had "relationships" less than 2 hours long:rofl:

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
golgiaparatus said:
Once.. in early high school. Long distance relationship... "Its not working and we're in highschool, who are we kidding"... game over.

In real life though... hell no, its always messy and bad.
:stupid: I don't even like to see friends break up these days.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
Ive had "relationships" less than 2 minutes long:rofl:
I hear there are exercises for that ;)

Long term relationships are usually to emotionally charged to have breakups be clean and easy... Even amicable ones usually aren't "peaceful"...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
I hear there are exercises for that ;)
I wonder, biologically speaking, what is the point in sex taking longer than that? Seems like you could mate more and more often if everyone were that quick.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
johnbryanpeters said:
Is it possible that the surfeit of experience with breakups bespeaks a lack of judgement - rushing into "relationships" that are neither serious nor committed?

Just a thought.
how do you get experience without trying?

the arrogance of the old.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BurlyShirley said:
I wonder, biologically speaking, what is the point in sex taking longer than that? Seems like you could mate more and more often if everyone were that quick.
The female orgasm increases the chance of fertilization. A male healthy enough to sustain activity long enough will provide stronger offspring.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Westy said:
The female orgasm increases the chance of fertilization. A male healthy enough to sustain activity long enough will provide stronger offspring.
Ah, good answer. Makes sense. Approved.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
Sure, but not all relationships are meant to be serious or committed. Ive had "relationships" less than 2 hours long:rofl:
can you have a relationship, even in quotes, with a neighbor's dog?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
can you have a relationship, even in quotes, with a neighbor's dog?
One of these days you'll tell a joke that makes me laugh. Today, however, aint that day.:)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
ok, how about this one:

"man, that dire straits cd just blew me away".
I mean, compared to the great "Mogwai" how could a rock band ever compare?:rofl:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
I mean, compared to the great "Mogwai" how could a rock band ever compare?:rofl:
good question. mogwai blows away most bands i can think of, esp in a live setting.

what's yr least favorite mogwai song?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
good question. mogwai blows away most bands i can think of, esp in a live setting.

what's yr least favorite mogwai song?
last one you posted in SOTD.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
**** I have never listened to any of it, to be perfectly honest.
:)

i was pretty sure you were on the usual 'bs talking out of his ass' mode again, not letting actual data or real world experience getting the way of a good troll.

btw, the new record's excellent, highly recommended.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
robdamanii said:
Stosh, I'm just noticing that avatar is so you...

On topic:

What's amicable? I thought all relationships were supposed to end by chopping up the siginificant other and putting them in a garbage bag out on the curb...
oh my...how pleasant...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
johnbryanpeters said:

Just a thought.
I think that mustache of yours is slowly starting to wrap around your brain...

;)

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Graphics said:
No "another person" here...just a lotta drama and misery that i don't want for my life anymore. It's amazing what loosing weight and going to school can do to a person to uplift them. But it ONLY uplifted me. Do you sacrifice yourself "till death do you part" for a passionless life of unhappiness?
loco?....is that you?

You've answered your own question (see the answer above in red). Now stop whining and go ride.