Quantcast

LG1 on a 2010 Nomad

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
To get it to line up right I am having to use all the supplied washers as well as another small washer to get the chainring on my xtr to line up

this doesnt seem right, is their issues with this setup?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hi Stunz,
With Shimano cranksets and the chainring in the correct middle ring position (50mm chainline), you shouldn't need to space the guide out this far. As the 2010 Nomad uses flush mount ISCG-05 tabs, I wouldn't imagine having to use more than a black and gold spacer at max.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen/the Hive

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
phil

Do you know what the deal is with the LG1+ and carbon nomad frames..Santa cruz says it doesnt work, is this true? if so what guide can I run

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
The SRS+ works best with most of the VPP2/super dropped chainstay bikes simply because it offers a little more clearance. While it may be possible to fit up the LG1+, I havn't had a model to test out fitments with. I would imagine the fitment issue would come from the frame/pivot material directly behind the lower rear ISCG tab and the 1-2mm of overlap that the LG1+'s DMB has on the inner side of the backplate. With many setups, you need to properly space the guide to the chainring to determine if there is any frame contact (as 1.25mm to 2.5mm of outboard spacing makes all the difference).

I would imagine that the best dual ring system would be the Heim2, also due to clearance with VPP2.

Cheers!