Quantcast

LG1+ part broke off

zackc509

Chimp
Aug 14, 2010
ok so heres what happend i was riding my bike one day and hit a rock or something and fell, got up and kept riding, then when i got home i noticed that i was missing the roller and the mounting part to screw it to the frame and i have no idea how to get new parts and i really dont want to have to buy a new guide
what should i do?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
ok so heres what happend i was riding my bike one day and hit a rock or something and fell, got up and kept riding, then when i got home i noticed that i was missing the roller and the mounting part to screw it to the frame and i have no idea how to get new parts and i really dont want to have to buy a new guide
what should i do?
Hi Zack,
We do offer all of our parts as aftermarket kits. If you want to give the California office a shout, Charlie would be happy to help you out...it would be fastest. 1.707.765.2770 You could also shoot me an email at my address below.

It would help if you also got the following info together
  • Specific Guide Model (pictures if unsure)
  • Frame Model and Year
  • Crankset
  • Chainlube used

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen/theHive

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm assuming you ask about the type of chain lube used because the solvents in some don't play nice with the plastics in your guides? Any recommendations for what's a go and what's not so good? I've been using Finish Line Dry for about forever on a couple of SRSs and an OG LG1 without problems, but just threw an LG1+ on my Spitfire and would rather not melt it.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
I'm assuming you ask about the type of chain lube used because the solvents in some don't play nice with the plastics in your guides? Any recommendations for what's a go and what's not so good? I've been using Finish Line Dry for about forever on a couple of SRSs and an OG LG1 without problems, but just threw an LG1+ on my Spitfire and would rather not melt it.
The current Approved Lube list is located here:
http://www.e13components.com/setup_instructions/lubricant_summary_web.pdf

We're working on a more comprehensive list, but it isn't easy as many lubes are proprietary blends. I should note that the chemicals we've listed degrade all plastics...not just the ones on our guides.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen/theHive