Quantcast

Lg1+ -taco?

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
As a all mountain rider using a lg1+ I've found the chain retention to be excellent. After a year of use i don't think I've ever hit the taco on anything and was woneing if running a taco less device was a viable option?
I notice mrp produce a lopes version now...
http://www.sicklines.com/2010/04/16/2011-mrp-g2-sl-and-lopes-guide/

Any chance of a modified backplate or lower mount to produce something whilst still sticking with my favourite brand, e13 :-)

Running a 2010 enduro if that makes ay difference?

Thx

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Well, since the roller mounts on the taco, not really. If you don't want the lower roller either, there's the XCX. I guess if you took the taco and roller off you'd have some approximation of an XCX like that. Or the LS1 is available without a taco, but IIRC it's not really lighter than an LG1+ so there's not much point.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
As a all mountain rider using a lg1+ I've found the chain retention to be excellent. After a year of use i don't think I've ever hit the taco on anything and was woneing if running a taco less device was a viable option?
I notice mrp produce a lopes version now...
http://www.sicklines.com/2010/04/16/2011-mrp-g2-sl-and-lopes-guide/

Any chance of a modified backplate or lower mount to produce something whilst still sticking with my favourite brand, e13 :-)

Running a 2010 enduro if that makes ay difference?

Thx
LG1tr has been announced...should be getting those in within a month or so.
http://www.sicklines.com/2011/04/16/2012-e-thirteen-by-the-hive-lg1-tr-4-x-120-guidering-and-geared-hubs/

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dear Phil,

you should start sending me components to test. I will provide well written, grammatically correct feedback, that's also from an engineering standpoint.

~JonKranked

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
dear Phil,

you should start sending me components to test. I will provide well written, grammatically correct feedback, that's also from an engineering standpoint.

~JonKranked
Dear Phil,

In a conversation we had a while back Jon didn't know what shear modulus was. When I made fun of him for being the most incompetent engineer on the planet his reply was "dude, I design boxes." Please disregard his last post and take me on as a product tester instead.

Best,
HAB

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dear Phil,

In a conversation we had a while back Jon didn't know what shear modulus was. When I made fun of him for being the most incompetent engineer on the planet his reply was "dude, I design boxes." Please disregard his last post and take me on as a product tester instead.

Best,
HAB
Dear Phil,

Disregard anything and everything HAB says, ever. He texted me the other night and was legitimately excited about finding a 40 of Steel Reserve under his bed. He was probably drunk when he wrote the post quoted above.

Regards,
Jon

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dear Phil,

Disregard anything and everything HAB says, ever. He texted me the other night and was legitimately excited about finding a 40 of Steel Reserve under his bed. He was probably drunk when he wrote the post quoted above.

Regards,
Jon
PS - I was drunk when he asked me about the shear modulus. And it wasn't from Steel Reserve.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dear Phil,

Regards,
Jon
Other night my ass. That text was sent at 12:39pm. And I was sober.

edit: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Other night my ass. That text was sent at 12:39pm. And I was sober.

edit: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dear Phil,

The lies continue. The exact content of the text was "Also, found a full Steel Reserve 40 under my bed last night. Dear Diary: JACKPOT"

Received: 3:43 PM, 4/20/11

HAB is also known to play Edward 40 Hands with Steel Reserve.

As you can, such actions are those of an individual with clouded judgement. He would be thoroughly unreliable as a product tester.

Regards,

Jon

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dear Phil,

The lies continue. The exact content of the text was "Also, found a full Steel Reserve 40 under my bed last night. Dear Diary: JACKPOT"

Received: 3:43 PM, 4/20/11

HAB is also known to play Edward 40 Hands with Steel Reserve.

As you can, such actions are those of an individual with clouded judgement. He would be thoroughly unreliable as a product tester.

Regards,

Jon
Jon clearly does not understand how time zones work. And is too much of a bitch to stomach Steel Reserve.

I cannot deny the 40 hands bit though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jon clearly does not understand how time zones work. And is too much of a bitch to stomach Steel Reserve.

I cannot deny the 40 hands bit though.
Dear Phil,

Do you really want a tester that makes these kinds of assumptions?

I understand thoroughly how time zones work - I currently work with manufacturing sites in 4 different time zones.

Also, I am not too much of "a bitch" to stomach Steel Reserve, as David would have you falsely believe. I have drank it copiously in the past, and would likely do so in the future. The difference between David and myself is that he gets truly excited for it, yearns for it even; I will consume it, but only when there is a lack of other options (like any good engineer, I consider bad beer to be better than no beer).

Kind Regards,

Jon

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dear Phil,

Do you really want a tester that makes these kinds of assumptions?

I understand thoroughly how time zones work - I currently work with manufacturing sites in 4 different time zones.

Also, I am not too much of "a bitch" to stomach Steel Reserve, as David would have you falsely believe. I have drank it copiously in the past, and would likely do so in the future. The difference between David and myself is that he gets truly excited for it, yearns for it even; I will consume it, but only when there is a lack of other options (like any good engineer, I consider bad beer to be better than no beer).

Kind Regards,

Jon
Dear Phil,
If Jon's claim of "the lies continue" cannot be attributed to a lack of comprehension of time zones, I'm unsure of what he based it on. Nothing contained in the post he was referencing was not completely factual. As far as my consumption of Steel Reserve is concerned, I fail to see how this is in any way relevant to my ability to test e.13's fine products. I also will agree with Jon that it is not good by any stretch of the imagination, and would choose to drink many, many things before it.

I still maintain that my knowledge of material properties, failure mechanisms, and mechanical engineering far outpaces Jon's. By his own admission he is just a guy who designs boxes.

Sincerely,
HAB

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dear Phil,
If Jon's claim of "the lies continue" cannot be attributed to a lack of comprehension of time zones, I'm unsure of what he based it on. Nothing contained in the post he was referencing was not completely factual. As far as my consumption of Steel Reserve is concerned, I fail to see how this is in any way relevant to my ability to test e.13's fine products. I also will agree with Jon that it is not good by any stretch of the imagination, and would choose to drink many, many things before it.

I still maintain that my knowledge of material properties, failure mechanisms, and mechanical engineering far outpaces Jon's. By his own admission he is just a guy who designs boxes.

Sincerely,
HAB

Dear Phil,

Don't let David distract with his attempts at explaining time in relation to the theory of relativity in a futile attempt to convince you I don't know how to operate a clock.

David's love for Steel Reserve is a reflection of his approach to all things in life. He adores sub-par alcoholic beverages, just as he adores sub-par women, just as he adores sub-par everything. His ability to judge between high and products and low end items and riff raff simply does not exist. This also holds true on his knowledge of bicycles. David would not be able to differentiate between a fine chain guide such as an e.13 product, and a redneck engineered chain guide hobbled together from zip ties and cans of Old Milwaukee.

In regards to his claim that I "just make boxes", I did indeed state that phrase. However, it was only a means of putting my job into laymans terms for a simpleton such as David to comprehend. I wouldn't expect him to understand the intricacies of a properly designed, tested, and approved sterile medical device package manufactured in high volume.

Best Regards,

Jon

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dear Phil,

Don't let David distract with his attempts at explaining time in relation to the theory of relativity in a futile attempt to convince you I don't know how to operate a clock.

David's love for Steel Reserve is a reflection of his approach to all things in life. He adores sub-par alcoholic beverages, just as he adores sub-par women, just as he adores sub-par everything. His ability to judge between high and products and low end items and riff raff simply does not exist. This also holds true on his knowledge of bicycles. David would not be able to differentiate between a fine chain guide such as an e.13 product, and a redneck engineered chain guide hobbled together from zip ties and cans of Old Milwaukee.

In regards to his claim that I "just make boxes", I did indeed state that phrase. However, it was only a means of putting my job into laymans terms for a simpleton such as David to comprehend. I wouldn't expect him to understand the intricacies of a properly designed, tested, and approved sterile medical device package manufactured in high volume.

Best Regards,

Jon
Dear Phil,

I have never heard such an enormous load of falsehoods in my life. Jon has, on several occasions, been highly impressed with beers I have exchanged with him; this is well documented in the "right now I'm drinking" thread. Furthermore, I am perfectly capable of recognizing the quality of e.13's guides- I own 4 of them.

Let's not forget who we're dealing with here. Jon once (entirely unsolicited) encouraged me to get wasted, cross dress, and attempt to score a threesome with two lesbians. Needless to say I ignored this terrible, terrible advice. My point is that he has rarely, if ever, given me good advice about anything. I would expect nothing different from his product testing.

Cheers,
HAB

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I can only assume that Jon's recent silence is his affirmation of my superiority as a product tester. If I could please get a 165x73 DH crank and an SRS+ for my DH bike, I'll gladly let you know how I like them.

Thanks!