Quantcast

LG1 vs. SRS

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Transcend said:
There are 2 holes in the boomerang. It mounts to both of them, and does not move.
Yeah, I just missed the top hole when I glanced at it the first time.

Nov 9, 2005
probably around 150 i think i may get the lg1 and keep my supercharger so i can swap betweent the 2 for races or trail riding. does anyone know how much weight is saved by removing the bashguard, so how much does the bashguard weigh

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
im gonna get the lg1 when the taco thing comes out. look around for pics of fabien barel's bike. he has the lg1 w/ the taco skidplate

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Hi Fellas (and Fellettes),
Suggested retail for both is $149.95 Conversion kits are available.
The SRS and LG1 both use the same revised backplate for 2006. You can leave the backplate on the bike and just change out the wear plastics and hardware and you're good to go. The LG1 will not work with a bashguard, so this will need to be removed or installed as needed when switching from one to the next.
As far as the "taco" addition..........the two holes designed into the backplate are at a 4-104 bcd pattern and have been added for future products. The original idea was to allow for a 1/4 cut of a bashguard in the appropriate size to protect the exposed chain for certain race courses. We have had very promising success in testing (with Fabien Barel this past season) but have decided to continue working on a revised design. We do not have a final product ready yet, but have commited to continuing to work on the project.
Hope this helps to answer some questions.
J

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
In the last issue of Dirt you can see a good shot of the inside of the LG1 Taco bash mount on Fabian Barel's bike. I really like this idea.

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
We know there is nothing to stop riders from making their own "tacos" from old bashguards, so we would just like to stress the fact that we are still in design mode for the part and would encourage you to utilize the facilities with discretion.
We do, however, expect you all to pin it this season, bashguard or not!:thumb:

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
crispy shell, beef chicken, pork, shrimp, fish etc. cheese, lettuce, sour cream and salsa. and you have a taco easy as pie

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
MOTODH said:
its the same method
hahahaha

Get e.13 supercharger, bend in half, fill with meat/cheese/salsa/lettuce/tomatoes/beans... your choice...

final step- enjoy.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Red Bull said:
hahahaha

Get e.13 supercharger, bend in half, fill with meat/cheese/salsa/lettuce/tomatoes/beans... your choice, then eat.

damn right

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just get the Srs..... The bash if worth the weight really.....If your that worried about the difference in weight....It takes a week and you can Lose five lbs Body weight.......the Lg1 is cool But like others have said It is designed for use Without a Bashguard and they are not interchangable. Or you can run the SrS and use a different Bash guard. Your not stuck with the Big Lexan monster i have run Like a Raceface Bash ring When i first got Mine cause i didnt have the right ring yet.... Just Had to adjust it down to the ring to work right is all