Quantcast

liberating the earth, 4 houses at a time

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I flipped on the news this morning before heading in for work, and saw the "Breaking News" banner and the mention of "Street of Dreams". Before anything else was said I turned to my wife and said, "Huh...looks like ELF is alive and well in the PNW."

Side note: Those houses were about 3 miles from mine...But mine was built in the 40's so I think it's safe. (From arson...not asbestos...)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
if elf really cared about mother earth, they would go to the hood & burn down the projects, which are far less efficient that today's million dollar homes.

but nooooooo, everyone's gotta pick on whitey.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
if elf really cared about mother earth, they would go to the hood & burn down the projects, which are far less efficient that today's million dollar homes.
Nah. More occupants per square foot and adjoining walls between units reduces heating/cooling costs by limiting external surface area.

Kill whitey!!

Nothing says love thy mother earth like burning up a bunch of plastic and treated wood.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ELF is a bit misguided. I fail to see how torching homes will stop anyone from building. As if there isn't insurance involved and the FBI to investigate and stuff.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i think ELF & overcommitted developers could start an unholy alliance. and i wonder how many developers aren't already thinking like an elf, buying the full get-up & setting their immovable homes ablaze. not an original thought, but plausible given the headlines & m.o. of ELF

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i think ELF & overcommitted developers could start an unholy alliance. and i wonder how many developers aren't already thinking like an elf, buying the full get-up & setting their immovable homes ablaze. not an original thought, but plausible given the headlines & m.o. of ELF
now that's a Win-Win!

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
ELF is a bit misguided. I fail to see how torching homes will stop anyone from building. As if there isn't insurance involved and the FBI to investigate and stuff.
Insurance costs (or security costs) could get prohibitive if they keep hitting the same homes/developments over and over again.

I just wish they would put all that burning wood to good use, like the PNW's largest weenie roast evar.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Insurance costs (or security costs) could get prohibitive if they keep hitting the same homes/developments over and over again.

I just wish they would put all that burning wood to good use, like the PNW's largest weenie roast evar.
They haven't hit the same areas because security gets beefed up (ie A rent-a-cop asleep in his car) after the first hit. Not to mention the local cops start to pay attention.

They hit Portland a while back, then some homes down south, now Seattle. I guess if thye hit the same house 3 times, the point would be taken.

If it were a good purpose, I would bring the beer.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'm all for hitting the hummer dealers, as hummers are absolutely useless while also being obnoxious on public roads. mcmansions, while excessive, are not in the public square almost running me over & creating unnecessary tension tween riders & the me-somethings.

i think female real estate agents should have their licenses revoked if they arrive in a full-sized SUV to show a home. that should cull the crowd

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
They haven't hit the same areas because security gets beefed up (ie A rent-a-cop asleep in his car) after the first hit. Not to mention the local cops start to pay attention.
You give those guys way too much credit...a 400lb gorilla suicide bomber could slip by one without any trouble. This includes policia de adjetivo.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Locally ELF torched several Bulldozers that were clearing land for yet another strip mall + condos. Developers had to post armed guards and challenged them to try again. Ultimately the joke was on the developer. Businesses chose another area to put the stores and the housing crunch killed the condos. He spend 5 million flattening out the land and has to continually dump more money into it to prevent erosion on the big scar he created. The recent drought has prevented any grass from growing so when it does rain large canyons are carved. The county keeps a very close eye on him as his last project caused a landslide and closed the main highway down for a day.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004

There was a mass post x-mas tree burn that happened down on one of the beaches here. Prolly around 2,000 trees roped together below the hightide mark....guy in one of those silver get-ups with a flame thrower that looked like it was used in Normandy set it all off...

By the time all the trees were involved no one could get closer than about 100 ft. without some serious inebriation to help out with the heat...once we heard sirens, we bolted...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
developer should hire some good ol' cajun boys and tell them that ELF's taste good but you can only shoot one per year..

ELF problem solved in less than 6 months.

:monkeydance:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Oh well, a few millionaires were inconvenienced in the name of a political cause. Im sure the anguish they've now experienced will be equal to what us regular folks go through on a daily basis with horrible jobs and money worries.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
pfft... more like you worry about satellite or cable TV..

or perhaps Miller or Bud.
Way to make my comment all serious and sh*t...

Wrong on all counts. I don't pay (weekly, monthly, or yearly) for what is played on my idiot box. ('cept electricity...duh...)

I also don't drink stuff that could easily be labelled "Pig Swill".

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
So let me get this right...

These 'ELF' retards burn lots of toxic stuff to help save the environment?

I'm with N 8 on this one. Shoot them all. Use their bodies as compost material. We'll be doing the world a big favour.

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
Could also be great way for $tinkle's "over-committed" and financially over-exposed developers to to "get out" w/o having to talk to patchouli smelling, mother earthship, tree house dwelling eco-hippies.

Step 1. Set Fire.

Step 2. Put out cheezy sign that says, "Blah, Blah Blah, E.L.F."

End result: Homeland Insecurity and the FBI spend hundreds of tax payer financed man hours a-tappin' phones and chasing imaginary "eco-terrorists," while Mr. Dickveloper collects his fat insurance check and moves on to despoil the next section of MTB trails, woodlands and/or dirt jumps.

Not sayin' that's what happened in this case, but not really that implausible either. We've already seen a bunch of suspicious fires in large (and largely unoccupied) condo developments up here. Condos started just before housing "correction" == condos burned as prices drop.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
developer should hire some good ol' cajun boys and tell them that ELF's taste good but you can only shoot one per year..

ELF problem solved in less than 6 months.

:monkeydance:
take your time with it, with the year-over-year decline @ 37% we need a little job security.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I see no problem with this.

The carbon emissions of torching one is probably less than the occupants eventual traveling to and fro in their Escalade. ;)