Quantcast

"Life After People"

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like this show. It's on The History Channel. I have to DVR it though because 10:00 PM is too late for me. :monkey: I am probably one of nine people that watch it. Basically the show details what would happen to the world we leave behind should humans all vanish instantly.

I've learned that the Hoover Dam would be one of the last things to go, and 10,000 years after man dies off, there will be little trace that we existed except for our bones.

http://www.history.com/minisites/life_after_people

:nerd:

"Shoot your TV" tag added to save you the trouble.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I often wonder why shows about the future occur so frequently on the "History Channel".

I watch Monsterquest on there, but only when it's about Sasquatch.

As for Life After People... I watched their special about that several months back. I guess it was successful enough that they felt they could do a whole series, but I haven't seen it yet. What happens to all the old hotel signs? Please tell me they make it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They did a 2 part special (I have the DVD) that showed a small town outside of Chernobyl that is a perfect example of what it might be like. Creepy.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
They did a 2 part special (I have the DVD) that showed a small town outside of Chernobyl that is a perfect example of what it might be like. Creepy.
The one hour shows go into more detail, focusing on specific regions and who/what exactly will fock everything up. Apparently wolves and huge snakes will rule the world, while vegetation will take down large buildings.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The one hour shows go into more detail, focusing on specific regions and who/what exactly will fock everything up. Apparently wolves and huge snakes will rule the world, while vegetation will take down large buildings.
I will be spared when they see my rockin' wolf shirt, though. Right?

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
If you like that show, I'd suggest reading, "The World Without Us." It's a book published within the last couple of years with the very same premise. I wouldn't be suprised if the show was based on the thought experiments of that book's author.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Somewhat entertaining but according to them everything will just kind of explode at some point in time.

RyanSG

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
Yes, the world will be a beautiful place post human. The more I watch the History Channel the less I want to get out of bed in the morning.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I actually saw the original Chernobyl show and loved it. I'm fascinated by stuff like that.... ghost towns, ship wrecks, etc. If I still had cable, I'd be all over that.