Quantcast

Life Behind Bars Ep 7: Chatel Mountain Style Victory with Brandon Semenuk

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

It's pretty rad that Red Bull is producing this full on behind the scenes series with Brandon Semenuk, especially considering the season he's having on the slopestyle circuit. Check out his insane drift after 3ing the big drop...what a boss!
---

Interview by Ryszard Syryczynski

Catching up with Brandon Semenuk on the eve of Châtel Mountain Style...

Brandon, most of the season has passed you by due to your injuries, but the biggest events are still about to come. What are your expectations for them and the rest of the season?

I don't know, I'm just trying to ride my best. With the injuries, I didn't get a lot of time to practice. So, it can be a bit of winging it here and there as I don't feel as consistent as I'd want to but I’ll do what I can to try and make it through the year.

How do you like the course here at Châtel Mountain Style? We know you like riding big freeride stuff but obviously, small and technical dirt jumps as well. Which do you find more interesting to ride yourself?

I grew up in the mountains so I've always been riding steep, gnarly rock kind of downhill stuff. I just had a heart for like jumping my bike and I like riding some gnarly downhill stuff so it's a cool event to be able mix my trail riding skills with my slopestyle stuff. It's interesting, it's raw, so it's exciting.

Your “Life behind the bars” series is like big online hit obviously. Is it better for you to work on this sort of more lifestyle footage, chilling out or recording pure action shots like your “New World Disorder” series?

Yeah, I think it's cool to do different stuff. I just don't want to get bored. I'm trying to keep it interesting. So it's fun to do some projects with this series and show something behind biking too. People don't really see a lot of lifestyle in mountain biking. And adding some action to it makes it a well-rounded clip and hopefully people are into it. It's kind of my goal with this.

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251945&p=3811557#post3811557[/fblike]