Quantcast

Life Cycles on DVD release?

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
whoever is behind the distribution of Life Cycles (Pinkbike?) needs to learn a sharp lesson in professionalism, as my experience has been a joke

I paid (on credit card) for a HD Blu-Ray over 2 months ago, and did not receive any confirmation of my order, except when my credit card provider mailed my monthly bill, and the order was on there

no communication since, despite considerably time passing...very poor customer service

I regularly buy many DVD's and Blu-Ray's from established on-line retailers, and have never expierienced these issues, I am due to speak to my credit card provider about a refund as the goods have not been provided in a reasonable time frame

now that Life Cycles has been leaked onto the torrent sites, I can see alot of cancelled pre-orders!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
whoever is behind the distribution of Life Cycles (Pinkbike?) needs to learn a sharp lesson in professionalism, as my experience has been a joke

I paid (on credit card) for a HD Blu-Ray over 2 months ago, and did not receive any confirmation of my order, except when my credit card provider mailed my monthly bill, and the order was on there
companies are not allowed to charge your card until the product actually ships.

its also not Pinkbike's fault that the production company is having issues with disc reproduction, but i guess you need someone to blame right?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i thought it fell under the Fair Trade act..? i guess that is only a US agreement?

i know visa and mastercard have policies against this though. domestic and international
Yup, the card manufacturers can and will cancel your accts if you try and pull it. It's at their discretion tho, and not a law unfortunately up here.

I believe canadian consumers are SUPPOSED to conform to it when shipping to the US? I'm not 100% sure.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yup, the card manufacturers can and will cancel your accts if you try and pull it. It's at their discretion tho, and not a law unfortunately up here.

I believe canadian consumers are SUPPOSED to conform to it when shipping to the US? I'm not 100% sure.
good to know next time i order from Canada eh.

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland

no communication since, despite considerably time passing...very poor customer service

I regularly buy many DVD's and Blu-Ray's from established on-line retailers, and have never expierienced these issues, I am due to speak to my credit card provider about a refund as the goods have not been provided in a reasonable time frame

now that Life Cycles has been leaked onto the torrent sites, I can see alot of cancelled pre-orders!
I agree. The pinkbike handling of the order fullfilment is very unprofessional. I also pre-ordered the follow me (as well as lifecycles) DVD on pink bike. I got a confirmation but then they said that the order was messed up. They requested me to order again, I just used itunes.

About lifecycles, Pinkbike could at least just send an email stating the issue, that if there is a problem with the duplication or whatever. Most people would understand and appreciate an update....

Its the polite thing to do.... and a smart thing to do, if you have hyped your DVD for last few months, at least be courteous to those who actually have ordered and payed for it, and are eagerly awaiting it.

Why do I have to come on here to get an update on an order that another site is processing?? duh! sort it out pinkbike.

Last edited:

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
its also not Pinkbike's fault that the production company is having issues with disc reproduction, but i guess you need someone to blame right?

I could not care less about their production issues, they took my money at the point of pre-order, which according to Visa (I have just spoken to them) is actually illegal

basically they took MY money 2 months ago and I have NOTHING

no email, no order confirmation, just a load of B.S. on their site and no product in my hands

if you were buying a frame 2nd hand from a bike forum member, and had paid the seller 2 months ago, and had nothing but B.S., how would you feel?

I'm sure its going to be a great movie, but the whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth - I don't like being ripped off when I am spending my hard-earned :(

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay

I could not care less about their production issues, they took my money at the point of pre-order, which according to Visa (I have just spoken to them) is actually illegal

basically they took MY money 2 months ago and I have NOTHING

no email, no order confirmation, just a load of B.S. on their site and no product in my hands

if you were buying a frame 2nd hand from a bike forum member, and had paid the seller 2 months ago, and had nothing but B.S., how would you feel?

I'm sure its going to be a great movie, but the whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth - I don't like being ripped off when I am spending my hard-earned :(
You bought from Pinkbike, did you expect any less?

Any news on the ship date? I saw the premier in Salt Lake the other day and was astounded. It really blows every other MTB movie out of the water.

More mountain bike (and ski/outdoor sports) filmmakers really need to start making use of the likes of iTunes or Amazon digital downloads. Much cheaper/hassle-free distro methods.