Quantcast

Life Cycles suck

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I saw that statement in some other thread today and I have to agree. I just got back from the gym, and I rode a lifecycle for a little while. Who the hell designed these things. The seat tube angle puts your ass so far behind the pedals it is uncomfortable and probably inefficient as well. The dimensions on these things look similar to a DH/DS bike.

Originally posted by Yossarian
I saw that statement in some other thread today and I have to agree. I just got back from the gym, and I rode a lifecycle for a little while. Who the hell designed these things. The seat tube angle puts your ass so far behind the pedals it is uncomfortable and probably inefficient as well. The dimensions on these things look similar to a DH/DS bike.
There are some new ones that have long handlebars (have no idea what they are called so excuse me) the kind you lean your forearms on.

Those bikes aren't too bad. Better than those stupid recumbant ones too - they hurt my butt!

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
I agree that spinning bikes are WAY better - BUT, you have to make do with what you have... I wish our gym offered spinning classes, and I have mentioned it on more that one occaision... but the other other bikes aren't totally bad... I look it as work the muscle groups in a different way, for variety mostly... however, nothing beats just getting out on your own bike for a couple of hours!! :)