Quantcast

Life is good again...

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Anyways I went to Center Cycle today to pick up some tires for the Diamond Back and low and behold my Cowan is done :D . Much to my delight I decide to buy some new pedals. I am looking foward to SST this weekend. Probably tomorrow if it is decent. I do have one concern though. I think they sent a Sherman Breakout travel cartage. Because I now have 130/170 mm of travel and I have a 2004 flick. I wonder if I should be worried.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
KNine said:
Anyways I went to Center Cycle today to pick up some tires for the Diamond Back and low and behold my Cowan is done :D . Much to my delight I decide to buy some new pedals. I am looking foward to SST this weekend. Probably tomorrow if it is decent. I do have one concern though. I think they sent a Sherman Breakout travel cartage. Because I now have 130/170 mm of travel and I have a 2004 flick. I wonder if I should be worried.

i would call manitou and double check that.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
hey you ass monkey, when you going to give me my front wheel back? :)

ps - get smoother, not more travel :P

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
KNine said:
Did that meeting ever happen yesterday?If so what came out of it?
Didn't happen. Between the XC race that I didn't know about until Friday night and the torrential downpour that was Sunday, it seems the meeting was doomed.
Perhaps we should try to make it the LAST Sunday of the month as opposed to the FIRST Sunday. We're 0-for-2 with the first Sunday thing this year.

As soon as I figure out when we're going to have an "official" meeting, I will relay the 4-1-1 to all. In the meantime, I think I'm going to have some impromptu brainstorming sessions w/ the riders out there over the next weekend or two...perhaps set up a trailday to get things to par and even start new stuff.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Corporatefailure said:
is there any way possable to get a longer steer tube on a 2004 jt. t?

uhhhh the longest steer tube you can get is the 9" factory default that comes from marz before its cut. once cut, you are SOL...well unless you press in a new tube; which kinda is a dumb idea.

is your jrT not long enough for your bighit?

seand said:
uhhhh the longest steer tube you can get is the 9" factory default that comes from marz before its cut. once cut, you are SOL...well unless you press in a new tube; which kinda is a dumb idea.

is your jrT not long enough for your bighit?
you should be able to send to Marz and have a new steer tube pressed in for a reasonable price. I know I did with a White Bros forki have, only cost about $30.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
PsychO!1 said:
you should be able to send to Marz and have a new steer tube pressed in for a reasonable price. I know I did with a White Bros forki have, only cost about $30.

ohhhh i didnt think a company would do that....thats good to know though!

frank, give your shop a call and ask them if they can find out what marz charges for this; if they even do it....

there ya go! short of that? buy a new fork :P

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Go to DHZ for a longer steerer tube. Done it many times and all is good. Cost is roughly $50 though. Darren and company do a great job. Haven't really found any other shop that presses steerer tubes around pnw