Quantcast

Life is good...

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Had a chance to get in a couple of unexpected hours riding today. The temps are now low enough that riding is tolerable in the middle of the afternoon. Grabbed the single speed and went back to do a repeat of the Wednesday night ride that kicked me pretty hard.

Today the weather was perfect and I'm finally learning how to ride the bike. I was able to breeze through the sections that gave me trouble the other night, sit and crank more than standing and when I had to stand up it was almost effortless. It was just like when starting to ride and you can feel your strength increasing with each outting.

Ah yes, life is good!:thumb:

J

JRB

Looks good.

*now tell us why you have a lizard skin on a bike with no chain slap. :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Trainwreck said:
It's a color coordination thing. I have managed to put some marks across it with the 16. And it has fended off a few rock blows.
You can go to a dirt moto bike store and buy clear plate sealer, which is just a clear thick plastic sticker that will protect your frame/fork etc from rocks. People who don't have that problem just aren't going fast enough.;)
Welcome to the monkey.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Skookum said:
You can go to a dirt moto bike store and buy clear plate sealer, which is just a clear thick plastic sticker that will protect your frame/fork etc from rocks. People who don't have that problem just aren't going fast enough.;)
Welcome to the monkey.
Thanks! I have that stuff installed at all the cable contact points and along the bottom of the down tube.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
ChrisRobin said:
How is it riding trails with a single-speed?
I just rode my SS for the first time today. It's fun and I found I am less tired than usual on my geared XC bike with F suspension (my SS is rigid). It's so fun that I'm selling my geared XC bike for another SS.