Quantcast

Life over. Emo Kid=Very yes.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I just realized I have nearly every Bright Eyes song in existance on my computer. What's wrong with me?

*runs off to a corner to cut himself*

:dead:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I just heard of this guy...on NPR, no less. And a New York Times article on Sunday. The stuff with Emmylou Harris is sounds really cool.

Never thought I'd reach the point in my life where I was far enought behind to get musical info from the Times.

MD

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I am a HUGE Conor Oberst fan. Like you I have everything Bright Eyes/Desaparecidos on my iPod and prolly listen to it way too much for my own good. Only 7 days until the new albums are released. :) I have a ticket to the NYC show on the 25th that I probably will have to sell :( b/c of the soon-to-be birth of my first child :)

-ska todd

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it blew me away when i was reading in either Mojo or Uncut that mr oberst had the #1 and #2 singles on the pop charts, the 1st time that's been done since P Diddy/Puff Daddy. at first i was thinking they were talking about the UK charts (as both mags are from england), but it was the US charts. damn.

i think the only bright eyes thing i have is that post-parlo split w/ britt daniel.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
loco said:
Dudes wear chick pants??? S**t, I'm way out of touch.
Not normally. I put on my chicks stretchy jeans the other day to get a laugh out of her while we walked her dogs. Am I emo now?..or still just a smuggler of very small bananas.

DAMN THIS IRISH CURSE!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Connor lives down the street from my sister in Omaha. I haven't met him myself but she says he's a pretty nice guy. Apparently he comes to their neighborhood block parties every year. She didn't mention anything about him having pants that zip in the back that don't have any pockets. (How on earth do you women manage?)

Desaparecidos is great. That reminds me. I lent a friend a Bright Eye's album and he never gave it back....

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
xbluethunderx said:
I like girl jeans... :eek:

Well, American Eagle guy jeans are pretty much girl jeans. Does that count?
seriously! American Eagle sells "jeans that fit" trust me man im not down with the baggy ****...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
mobius said:
Bright Eyes is good stuff but i only listened and have Lifted or the story is in the soil.....

I highly recommend Fevers and Mirrors. I didn't understand it at first but then one day, after getting totally dissed by this girl I was really into at the time, I got it. It summed up my neurotic feelings of rejection completely. I guess that's where the EMO comes from. I was like 28 at the time and it had been awhile since I'd had any of those teenage angst like feelings.... Not being in that place its really hard to 'get' EMO. Put yourself in the place of an awkward love sick teenager and it makes perfect sense.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
If any of you Bright Eyes fans are in the NYC area I have a ticket to Tuesday's show available. Drop me an email todds at ironhorsebikes dot com if you'd like to take it off my hands.

-ska todd

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Curb Hucker said:
thats the cool BMXer thing to do at our local skatepark. We made a word for the girl pants wearing emo guys, a dude with chick pants is a chude.
Why is it cool for every BMXer to wear a too tight black t-shirt, dye their hair black, and wear tight ass chick's pants?

Nate, we know you are emo, get over it.

REPORT TO THE EMO CAVE IMMEDIATLY

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Girls pants come in single digit(hopefully) sizes. They have no functional pockets to speak of, no ball room, but hey, they make your ass look hot.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
amateur said:
Girls pants come in single digit(hopefully) sizes. They have no functional pockets to speak of, no ball room, but hey, they make your ass look hot.
Lolz... those emo kids dont need any of the above.