• A month or two.

• Bacon.

• Loco sucks.

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I used to ride just about everything with a 36t ring and a 11-23 road cassette on my RFX. I couldn't climb everything, but damn near close. I'd take a bit of added suffering on climbs in favor of a simpler, quieter, tighter drivetrain. My quads and calves loved/hated it.

Then I got fat. I now climb less on a 2x10 setup (what's that?) than I did with said 1x9 setup.

Moral of the story: I chose bacon.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I used to ride just about everything with a 36t ring and a 11-23 road cassette on my RFX. I couldn't climb everything, but damn near close. I'd take a bit of added suffering on climbs in favor of a simpler, quieter, tighter drivetrain. My quads and calves loved/hated it.

Then I got fat. I now climb less on a 2x10 setup (what's that?) than I did with said 1x9 setup.

Moral of the story: I chose bacon.
I gotta believe your "everything" must have been quite a bit different than mine. Just thinking about a 36x23 for climbing makes me :panic: a little.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Gear range mostly reflect where you ride most often. Front range climbing is probably not the same as punch climbing on the right coast. I've been on 1x10 30T (11-36) for 3 years. Sure don't miss the extra hardware.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've ridden extensively in both CO and the east coast. They are both fun for distinct reasons.

East coast = 1x9
CO = 2x9

Product of the environment.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought this was going to be about shitty made-for-tv movies
My wife watches those. :panic:

What I find interesting is the difference between Lifetime movies and Hallmark movies. Hallmark are the lonely bachelor/widower finding love in a small town with the hometown sweetheart vs. the abusive husband/ex that will end up dead in the end.

I used to think they were all the same, Lifetime movies are wicked sketchy. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

What I find interesting is the difference between Lifetime movies and Hallmark movies. Hallmark are the lonely bachelor/widower finding love in a small town with the hometown sweetheart vs. the abusive husband/ex that will end up dead in the end.

I used to think they were all the same, Lifetime movies are wicked sketchy. :rofl:
So milf hunter is basically the x-rated hallmark? Got it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Sounds like it's not just your wife watching them. :busted:

Man-card revocation process initiated.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have one. On my fuckin' twenny niner. I'm a 29er riding, oval ring having, sonuvabitch. And it's awesome. It's a little bit easier to drive in the climbs. I don't notice it anywhere else. The only time I know I have an oval ring is when I'm in too low of a gear. And then I'm in too low of a gear.

The key with these new rings is that they're keyed differently. Biopace was designed to flatten out your weak spot with MOAR teeth. These new rings add MOAR POWAR to your stronk stroke. You get more gas when you need it, and less when you don't. It evens out on the trail and you go forward. I have noticed that I get up very technical climbs more easily...but I also have a well designed 29" trail bike with instant engagement hub and functional suspension....

I don't have them on my road nor DH bike, but I would if I got a good deal. I think I'm going to apply for the absolute black ambassador thing. Their shit is top notch.