Quantcast

Lift Assisted Bike Park Coming to Oregon!

Lofty

Chimp
Sep 14, 2005
OREGON
Not entirely sure about this but from what I have heard a lift assisted mountain bike park is going to open somewhere in Oregon. I guess the buzz is that it would provide year round riding. Must not be at a ski resort. I might need to build a new DH rig. Sweeeeet!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Holy Moley
i haven't read that exclamation out of anything other than an Archie comic but hell, somehow it fits. i gotta say that this is certainly great news. And i also gotta add that this reaffirms how cool Oregon is when it comes to recreation. Such a better attitude and direction over there than the hurdles we have to jump through because of the abundance of assholes who like to lock people out of the forest around these parts. But i must say at least we're making progress here, and the stuff in Oregon is going to help us out here locally for sure.

Yet for the near future yet another reason for a road trip south.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
stevens...sure believe it when I see it...wasn't it just about this time last year that people on the monkey were saying that crystal was going to do that?

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
"it's performed by adrenaline-junkies seeking the ultimate thrill of gravity defying free-flight…on a bicycle!"

makes us sound cool

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
i heard from a stevens empolyee they would be open this summer for MTB. not holding my breath though. . .
Projected date is opening up summer of 2009.

Hood has lift access on weekends through the summer too.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
I have heard a lot of conversation about this park the last two times I was down in Falls City, they are approved for the project in an area adjacent to the Black Rock trails as of what I heard a couple of weeks ago. Not suprisingly, reaction was mixed with cautious optimism being the most prevalent. I think it would be pretty cool to have another lift assisted option, and their riding window is a lot larger than other areas with lift parks. I'll buy a season pass, as I will for Stevens, Crystal or any other local area with the smarts to give 'er a go. As for Black Rock itself, that area is truly one of the best up and coming riding areas in the whole west. The good relations between the town, the land managers and BRMBA creates an amazing atomosphere, and the trails are just great. I recommend a trip down there to anyone who doesn't mind a good, burning hike-a-bike for some killer trails.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
This thread is making my shorts feel very tight.:redface:

I've waited this long, I think I can hold out 'til '09 for Stevens...it's sooner than you think if you compare it to Snoqualmie's 10-year-plan or whatever was being mentioned about a year ago.

Falls City is waaaaaay at the top of my "to-ride" list.

Lofty

Chimp
Sep 14, 2005
OREGON
One of the sites for the proposed bike park is connected to the existing Black Rock trails in Falls City. However, there is another proposed site in the works that would be in close proximity to Salem, Portland and Eugene. From what I understand the land is being surveyed and studies are being conducted to determine if the topography is suitable.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
The BRMBA guy told us it would take about 10 years for Black Rock to get a lift in....so don't hold your breath. :shocked:

Lofty

Chimp
Sep 14, 2005
OREGON
The BRMBA guy told us it would take about 10 years for Black Rock to get a lift in....so don't hold your breath. :shocked:
10 years? Well I guess this depends on who you speak with. BRMBA is not spearheading the opertation so I would venture to say they probably don't know too much about when and where the lift would be installed. But what do I know? I am not that involved with the project myself:twitch: