Quantcast

Lift Assisted Biking

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
not enough money in it. Both the Pass and Crystal used to do it. i've said this a million times, Crystal Mt. has so much upside potential it makes me sick. i went up and rode the trails up there at Snoqualmie last year, don't know if you can shuttle em, i just went up and rode em by myself with sweat and gears.

no_secrets

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Back in Tac Safe and Sound
First.....sorry for the redundant question, I know this has come up a thousand times before. I have been out of the loop for awhile.

Sounds like the resorts in WA need to take a trip to Colorado and see how they made it work. The head of the trail crew at Keystone took a trip with some of his trail guys to Whistler to see what they had and then took what they had seen and learned back to Colorado. TO this day I think that Keystone is one of the most frequented Ski resorts for downhilling in Colorado because they had a trail crew and management that wanted to actually learn and profit from the DH community. Not to be cheesy, but the movie field of dreams said "If you build it, they will come". Same thing is true with resorts...its an investment, you have to put a little bit in it to get something big out of it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Well actually Trailhacker here built quite a bit of stuff out there at "The Pass". Only problem is that the terrain is rocky and steep. There's really no getting around it, there's really no flow to be had there. The lifts are scattered all along a ridge. I mean i loved it for a change of pace gnarl steep true downhill ride, but not everybody likes that.
Crystal Mt. is like a huge bowl with massive space, lifts take you up in all different directions, but they all start in one spot at the base, where all the trails could wind up. Different types of riding could be done from flowy XC stuff, to jumps on another run, to on your handlebars chunky droppy descents on another.
If i win the lottery (which i never play) i promise i'll buy Crystal and make it a bikey mecca. Which is probably closer to happening than anyone else doing it. So in other words, take your money up to Canada and go ride Whistler..... which EVERYONE around here does.