Quantcast

Lift problems?

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
Just wondering there was a little talk about the lift being fixed this week . Is it going to be running this weekend?

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Please be advise that Diablo WILL be open this weekend. The dedicated Lift Technicians at Mountain Creek were running diagnostic tests earlier this week and any limiting technical issues that may have existed, have been repaired and tested. The trails are in great shape and as always, NO lift lines! See you at Diablo!

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Please be advise that Diablo WILL be open this weekend. The dedicated Lift Technicians at Mountain Creek were running diagnostic tests earlier this week and any limiting technical issues that may have existed, have been repaired and tested. The trails are in great shape and as always, NO lift lines! See you at Diablo!

Translation:

We changed out the hampsters on the wheel and it's all good now, bro! :thumb:

:biggrin:

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
What's with all these problems with the gondola, I've had it. Mountain Creek management needs to get their goddamn act together and actually spend money on some modern equipment. Their lack of commitment to the mountain is deplorable. The least they could do is invest in at least one "high-tech" lift! I mean come on look what Belleayre just installed:

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Oh man, those old chairlifts are creepy.

Up until a few years ago it was still mostly double chairs w/ no safety bar at alot of resorts in Colorado and some of them get VERY high in the air at certain points (Aspen Highlands in particular).

10 years is nothing for a chairlift.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Creepy to me was always that old red gondola at Gore. Right after you got past the mid-station you went over a really deep gorge. Which made you think "damn I'm high right now, maybe I should read the safety sign in this cabin". It then showed you how when the lift broke down that you were supposed to feed a rope (that wasn't located under either seat like it was supposed to be) through a 90 degree piece of 1" tubing that was at best tack-welded to the roof of the cabin and then lower yourself to safety.......I think stuff like that shows a serious disregard for human life. But then again, being stupid enough to get into that gondola probably showed a serious lack of regard for my own life.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Aspen Highlands had an old 2 seater w/ no safety bar that went to the very top of the mountain.

Right before you got to the top the peak kind of curved to the left & the chairlift went straight which took you off the side of the mountain for about 100 yards or so during which, you were about 1,000' in the air looking down into the abyss w/ no safety bar.

It seemed it was always about this time that the wind would start blowing, swinging the chair back & forth.

Not fun...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah i drove out from Pittsburgh friday night to ride saturday and it was down for an hour and a half...we kept hiking dominion but that really sucked.

I almost thought we should have been refunded...

Nah...at least you got to ride, and were free to go eat lunch, whatever. I was stuck ON the lift. No biggie...it happens. We simply got off, were informed it would be down for troubleshooting, and went to lunch. When we got back...all was fixed. I missed one run...maybe two <shrug>. I've been to Diablo many, many times, and that's the only time I've experienced a lift related problem. Pretty impressive as they run only one lift. Now skiing...HA! Try getting roped down from a lift you've been sitting on for an HOUR when it's 20 degrees outside. Oh...and I got free lunch. Whoopiefreakinding!

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
I have to say Diablo is my favorite place to ride They maintain the trails on a regular basis the best they can with the amount of help they have. They add more and more Awesome drops ladder bridges ect every year . I think they do a great job! Last year the lift was down due to high winds ,diabloween on sunday the last open day of the season i pushed my bike a couple times as far as i could to ride a couple trails that day ,I was a bit upset but **** happens which is out of your control at times . Fact of the matter is we all just love to ride when we go there as much as we can ,We love our machinery and want to ride it . I'm not complaining I rode almost every weekend this year up there. There was one day they had problems that they had to keep stopping and starting , no biggie.DIABLO ROCKS KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU GUYS NO WORRIES, LIFE GO'S ON!

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
(Hate to say, I always ride with a backpack with 25 feet of rope in it, just for the lift. If I was stuck up there for 20 minutes(not 1 1/2 hours) I would have bailed. Same thing for wintertime)