Quantcast

lift service?

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
where do you guys go for lift service downhilling? i'm an east coaster looking to make some moves and i'm curious what you guys have as far as lifts go, especially close to LA or SD.

thanks

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yup. the closest to LA is big bear (just over 2 hours). It's not even that good. Mediocre all mountain riding.

The next closest to LA is Mammoth, clocking in at 6 hours. After that, N* is about 9 hours.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
yup. the closest to LA is big bear (just over 2 hours). It's not even that good. Mediocre all mountain riding.

The next closest to LA is Mammoth, clocking in at 6 hours. After that, N* is about 9 hours.
Well you must have not rode all the legal trails :brows: I assure you theres some OK stuff to be had! :thumb:

Yeah theres Nstar. bootleg 3 hrs away, mamoth, big bear (just really anal after last year), and some really good shuttling. You got the SB area, LA and SD shuttle runs with some really good stuff.

I have Tamarack and hour away and Brundidge 1.5 hours away as well as Sillver mtn 4 hours away and unfortunently 9 hours from whistler. But aside of whistler just the fact thats theres some EPIC riding here it can only be done in the late spring and summer and 4 months outa 12 sucks! Thats why I have no issues going back theres some great riding there, + surfing :thumb:

Last edited:

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Well you must have not rode all the legal trails :brows: I assure you theres some OK stuff to be had! :thumb:

Yeah theres Nstar. bootleg 3 hrs away, mamoth, big bear (just really anal after last year), and some really good shuttling. You got the SB area, LA and SD shuttle runs with some really good stuff.

I have Tamarack and hour away and Brundidge 1.5 hours away as well as Sillver mtn 4 hours away and unfortunently 9 hours from whistler. But aside of whistler just the fact thats theres some EPIC riding here it can only be done in the late spring and summer and 4 months outa 12 sucks! Thats why I have no issues going back theres some great riding there, + surfing :thumb:
You should be driving up to Nelson, BC, man. I would argue the scene there is better than whistler, from what Ive seen!