Quantcast

lift tipes

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
Does anyone know of a bike park that uses this kind of lift for transport, and would be kind enough to share them with me? I would like to thank you in advance for any information.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I'd think taht most terrain served by a Tram would be a little much for riding a bike on. If you mean a Gondola, yes, lots of areas use them. Mt St Anne for instance.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
Please excuse my lack of gramar, as english is not my prymary lenguage... Of course i meant types... And yes i am searching for a bike park that uses a tram for lift service, and yes i know what a gondola is, i ride one every day :P
Transcend could you please tell me of a few tram lift using bike parks in europe?

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
bad wildbad also use(d) a t-bar lift to get to the top of the 4cross.... might have changed, but they had one ca. 10 years ago.....
btw: when getting on a t-bar type of lift release your brakes otherwise you will be the target of ridicule for the whole weekend, when you go OTB, eat dust and the lift drags your bike to the top. don't ask....

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
they still use t-bar lifts there, as does the park in albstadt (small hill, 3 lines). pro tipp for using a t-bar lift with your bike: put some old tube around your seatpost, way more grip on the uphill for the t-bar, less embarrising moments for the rider ;)