Quantcast

Light 170mm+ Frames

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hey... I managed to service a DT equalizer 3.
kinda complicated, since I didnt have any repair manual.... but I have managed to fix the extended shaft.
now my bike sits with the shock in perfect working condition. No cavitation, no extended shaft and able to use full travel. did not replace any seal (+ and - main seals seem to be a special kind).

a pair or 90deg saeger pliers (to open positive chambers) and some tweezers (to open the purge bolt) were the only non-standard tools required.

I´ll have my local machine shop, machine me a special tool to open the positive chambers, in order to make the job faster next time.

once you get the hang of it.... i doubt it takes me more than 1-2 hours next time i have to do it.

replaced the oil for a thicker one, in order to stretch service periods.....

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Nice work. I looked over the tech docs with a DT guy at a race and he showed me the tools. Did you make spacers for setting the IFP heights?
not really.
first try, i realized i put too little oil (extended shaft).
2nd try, i purposely overfilled the shock, and then purged it 5ml at a time; until I got the right level.
took me a while (a good hour or so or trial and error) since i didnt have any reference (other than my guesstimates), but am pretty sure i can do it much faster next time.