Quantcast

Light DH riders & light components…

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I'm 1.70m tall,21 years off age and weigthing at 119lbs so i'm realy a ligth DH rider.I ride a Session 10 that weigth's 41.5lbs.888 ATA WC,Formula The Ones,Revox shock 350lbs spring(soon 250lbs) with 40% sag standard some times 45% sag.Im a rider that likes every ride to be super super plush on the suspension feel.I love the plushness off the suspension very motocross feel.What i realy like to have to save extra weigth is carbon handle bars,ligther pedals,mrp carbon bashguard(quite expensive:D ).
Weighing in at under 120 pounds I would look for xc carbon bars, carbon road seat post, light road saddle, single ply tires, super light xc cranks, air suspension... basically the lightest stuff that you can get. You don't need parts built for 200+ pound riders that huck to flat.

My girlfriend says :picsstfu: . She doesn't think these are your dimensions.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
If you are refering to an ISIS bb, then a 128mm (113 for a 135 rear....add 15mms) spindle for the 150 rear on a sunday.

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
Go light if you can, my old m3 was 35.2 lbs with 2.5 tires fox 40 and dhx with ti spring. I had industry 9 wheels and xt cranks on it with a 150 rear end. All bolts were ti and alm, for sea otter last year i had 2.3 maxxis tires on it and an air shock it was 32 pounds flat the frame was ray aswell.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
If I weighed 150 or under I think I could get away with a 30lb DH bike.

Socom w/ air suspension
819 rims w/ 2.4" single ply tires
xc/am carbon bars
xtr cranks
light xc disc brakes w/ 7" front and 6" rear rotor
...just to name a few places that could save serious weight.
I think you need to be lighter than that to run that stuff. I'm 162#, and I ride fairly smooth. Maybe it's just Whistler, but...

Air shocks fade
819 is and xc race rim
flats and broken teeth suck
I still need to run 8" rotors to keep them from boiling

I'm just saying I think you would need to be sub 130 and never do lift assisted riding to get away with a 30# bike....or just be rich.

edit: I'm still a self proclaimed weight weenie, but I shoot for 40, not 30