Quantcast

Light recommendation

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
I'm starting to research light systems now before daylight savings changes, and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a light system (homemade or off the shelf). I want powerful, bright light, but can't spend the $400 for a NiteRider system.

Any ideas?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm picking up the Light and Motion Solo MV with a turbo charger on Tuesday for 190 bucks. I'll tell you how it goes...

J

JRB

Look at lumelighting.com. Talk with them about some grass roots events and deals.

splat

Nam I am
I just Picked up a Niterider HID fir $270 ( Pricepoint , Jenson USA , etc ) great light.

I alos Just got a Specilaized Niteview Pro for $10 off of eBay , with its set up the way it came ( and was sold to the public ) it sucked , made to run on 5 D baateries , I modified it to use a 7.2 Volt Nicad Pack and it works great.

Before that I have done Home made for years. if you want to go Cheap and have the Know how and Available parts , home made is the way to go.

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
splat said:
I just Picked up a Niterider HID fir $270 ( Pricepoint , Jenson USA , etc ) great light.

I was looking at that too.

Before that I have done Home made for years. if you want to go Cheap and have the Know how and Available parts , home made is the way to go.
That's what I was thinking. You can buy Niterider bulbs. My only concern is durability. I don't know that I could make a case to surround the lightbulb that would withstand crashes.