Quantcast

lightest cromo crank for 28t

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i need a 180 crank that is light for my dobermanns bb.

it need to get micro 28t bmx front.

whats out there. profile lights?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
cool, thanks for the ideas. weight is a factor.

but also ankle clearance. whats narrow @ the bb?

not straight arms i will be whacking my ankle bones on!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
hey leethal, profile, madera, and odsy were a given, but I guess it was my bad stereotype writing some of the others off... I picked up a set of the Demolition Medials last spring for my SplinterMX solely because they are one of the few that was available in 170mm... I guess I never check into 180 sizes but recalled them being seldomly available.
It sounds to me like the Medials would be your prime choice there bcd, they are light and smooth in the ankle area (hence the "medial" name). They aren't any narrower than most 3pc 19mm cranks, but the spindle boss is has a smooth panel by it so you don't catch yourself. Shadow torrids might be even better on the ankle with the rounded outer design, but they are not available in anything other than 175...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Flys are light, stiff, and strong.

If you want super-pimp e-mail Solid BMX about their Hella-light cranks. 1 pound for arms.

Vang_9tuzz

Chimp
May 26, 2007
Denmark
Fly cranks FTW...773 grams excl berings.
I'm not a 48 spindle fan, but I am going to try them out next....
They exist in a 180 version, rare but they do...
If you want to make sure your cranks stand up to abuse, this is also your crank of choice, Fly testperiodes and product development are a long proces, mabye too long, but they usually get the end result in first try when it's released.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Flys are light, stiff, and strong.

If you want super-pimp e-mail Solid BMX about their Hella-light cranks. 1 pound for arms.

are you being sarcastic about the Solid Bikes cranks? or are they releasing a new set-up?
I remember they had some a year or so ago (probably more around the tank bmx era), well, their cranks at quick glance almost looked like the new Fly cranks, but without a taper near the pedal boss and had a pierced tube for that to make it sta, but, the killer was that I think they even had a 1" (25.4mm) spindle and bottom bracket bearings!!!!! :bonk: holy humongous! I have a pic of them somewhere, just not on this computer... interesting just to see.

also, on a side note, the Demolition Medials with a ti spindle are lighter than both the Fly cranks and Wombolt...