Quantcast

lightest front 36 h bmx hub

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Madera Pilot.
Demolition Mary Kate w/out spoke guard.

Don't forget to take a look at some of the old "MTB" bolt-on hub options as well. You know that is where a lot of bmx companies are getting their inspiration for some of the new lightweight femaled hubs they are selling these days. (Including Eject option and early Tree protos, which was lightly based on an XC mtb hub I think).

I just scored this cool little hub at a recent swap meet too. Nice big hollow alu. axle, hollow flush bolts, and matching cone spacers too. Very clean. It was actually a NOS "echo" product apparantly.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Madera Pilot.
Demolition Mary Kate w/out spoke guard.

Don't forget to take a look at some of the old "MTB" bolt-on hub options as well. You know that is where a lot of bmx companies are getting their inspiration for some of the new lightweight femaled hubs they are selling these days. (Including Eject option and early Tree protos, which was lightly based on an XC mtb hub I think).

I just scored this cool little hub at a recent swap meet too. Nice big hollow alu. axle, hollow flush bolts, and matching cone spacers too. Very clean. It was actually a NOS "echo" product apparantly.

Hah... no ****. I dont believe that is "NOS" persay... The new ones look identical. Echo is a company that makes trials products... hubs, frames, bars, etc. You can probly still get a similar hub nowadays as welll > http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/category.php?id=86

Oh.. and all of the companies like Adamant, Czar, ZOO!, GU, and Echo are all the same exact company... They just bring different designs of each product to the table. The stuff is virtually bombproof. I'm not sure if you can find those hubs in the US, maybe try webcyclery if you dont want to ship it from overseas.

adamant

czar

echo

gu

zoo!

^^
all taken off TartyBikes

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Hah... no ****. I dont believe that is "NOS" persay... The new ones look identical. Echo is a company that makes trials products... hubs, frames, bars, etc. You can probly still get a similar hub nowadays as welll > http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/category.php?id=86

Oh.. and all of the companies like Adamant, Czar, ZOO!, GU, and Echo are all the same exact company... They just bring different designs of each product to the table. The stuff is virtually bombproof. I'm not sure if you can find those hubs in the US, maybe try webcyclery if you dont want to ship it from overseas.

adamant

czar

echo

gu

zoo!

^^
all taken off TartyBikes

Oh Wow yeah, that green one is exactly like mine! I scored mine for $10 though, nice! The guy at the table at the swap meet just said he was clearing out new old stock parts and had it up there... had no idea it was still in production or a new model.
And yeah, I know what Echo is, I had an Echo "Urban" stock trials bike a number of years back, with a PX Knifen lite fork and threshold bash, etc...

I'm not as much a fan of those higher-flange hubs...
...but seriously, I gotta ask, why are some of those assymmetrical??? There are no disc mounts as far as I can see... Are they designed to be built with ridiculous dish or something? ...like the Czar and Adamant, they have relieved flanges on one side only... ???

I can see they ALL have the same bolts and flush spacers too, I'm betting they all use the same axle, or at least dimensions and thread pitch there.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
I don't think that the hub's flanges are assymmetrical, but Its obvious the milling on the hubshells is. There is no reason to have a dished front wheel for HS-33's/vee's. I am positive they are running the same axle, bearings, and bolts... All of the companies are joint together by a guy that runs the factory in Asia. Although they were once **** products, they have been proven to be very durable and worth the money ;)

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
3/8 10mm

so im going to get either a vandero 2, the simple eject (could look nasty matched with the red runaway, wtp supreme, demo mary kate, madera, or see if i can hunt down a dirtro for the knight hasselhub. just saw it on danscomp. thing looks super slick