Quantcast

LIGHTROOM....cheap!

A-NON-A

Chimp
May 4, 2010
Inland Empire, Ca
Any idea how much LR 4 is supposed to cost? I downloaded the Beta and have been digging it. Beta doesnt expire till end of March.

The rumor is out there that the ADOBE CS6 Beta is right around the corner also .....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
LR4 is light years better than LR 3, even the beta. The processing side of things is muy bueno. The beta however is still noticeably slower than lr3, but lr3d beta was the same.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It's usually 299 with a 99 upgrade fee, unless they change it for version 4.

So if you jump on this, you can get 4 for 79 now plus the 99 later (assuming they don't hike the upgrade price, of course).

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
It's usually 299 with a 99 upgrade fee, unless they change it for version 4.

So if you jump on this, you can get 4 for 79 now plus the 99 later (assuming they don't hike the upgrade price, of course).
:think:

I think you meant "3" for $79 now, then "4" for $99 later?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Well, yeah, until 4 comes out :D

It made sense to me when I wrote it, but it's not really communicated very clearly. I'll use the Ron Paul excuse.
So you're a closet racist but you'll save money on Adobe software...got it.

:D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yeah, seems snappier for sure.

Also, is that selective white balance adjustments with the brush? Hmm...

(Yes, I know how to use gels...)
Selective every adjustment with a brush or the graduated filter tool. I heart Lightroom.

Gels don't work in a lot of situations, like say, an arena shooting hockey with sodium lights that phase between green and magenta... in different time.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Been using LR4 for this first world cup, cataloguing both photos and video. The production version seems just as fast as 3 (or faster) and the new develop controls are absolutely frikkin amazing. SOLD!

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I've been testing a bit with LR4 while I wait for Adobe to send my free upgrade and it's been great so far. I've gone back to re-process some troublesome older shots and have gotten better results with a whole lot less effort than before. The new development panel is fantastic.

Unfortunately one of my good monitors died a couple weeks ago so I want to get another one before I do much more with it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how'd you manage to get on chat? i have been fruitless in my efforts...finally left a call-back last night, 30 min later some guy called me, and couldn't get CS 4 for me. bastards.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Torrent. After I left that comment on FB, I checked out the torrent for CS4 and it's just the straight Adobe distribution, with an accompanying crack and instructions. So there's nothing built into the CS4 distribution that's sketchy - you could just install it and enter your license key.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I used the chat link on this page: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html?issue=myOptions_otherorderproblem A couple other people I gave it to last week were also successful using it.

It took longer than expected after I submitted my proof of purchase for them to process it, and then they asked for my LR3 serial and shipping address. So if you have to submit the proof of purchase through their support portal, you may want to submit those as well to save processing time.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Torrent. After I left that comment on FB, I checked out the torrent for CS4 and it's just the straight Adobe distribution, with an accompanying crack and instructions. So there's nothing built into the CS4 distribution that's sketchy - you could just install it and enter your license key.
i can't get my uTorrent to work properly, but i got someone to get me the CS 4 files....unfortunately when upgrading the dropdown menu only has CS 3 not CS 3 Extended, which is what i owned prior. but Adobe help is sorting me.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
There's a small import bug that seems to sometimes not pick up duplicate files on import that is a little annoying, but the improvements in the Develop module make me not worry about too much.