Quantcast

Lights Lights Lights

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
Any suggestions on which brand and model to look into for a possible light system purchase. My realistic pricepoint will be within the $150-200 range. Cheaper the better. I only plan on using the lights on intermediate ride..no more than 2hrs run time.

tango mucho..

R

RideMonkey

Do you think you will ever want to do a 24 hour race? If so it will benefit you greatly to have a light from Niterider or Light and Motion so you can use their recharging services.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by ridemonkey
Do you think you will ever want to do a 24 hour race? If so it will benefit you greatly to have a light from Niterider or Light and Motion so you can use their recharging services.
Good Point, although NightPro had a charge station at MY 24 hour race too!

jugdish

Chimp
Jul 10, 2001
Colorado
Don't go cheap, if you'll actually be using them on trails. If breaks or burns out in the middle of nowhere you're SOL. Ideally you want to have a bar mounted system and a helmet system. This was you can check turns/switch backs with the helmet light while still being able to see where you're headed. This is pricey though.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ozzer-the system I pointed you to has NEVER failed me (I've ridden a lot of night laps in races and for fun) and IS in your price range.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by KrusteeButt
Heidi...serious question this time...(believe it or not! :D )
do you use the Performance brand when you race?
were you able to charge that battery at the charging stations?
Yes, NightPro sponsored the last race I was at and they are the same people that manufacture Performance's lights for them. They charged my batteries free of charge! If NightPro is not there, youwill be out of luck because I don't think anyone offers a nuetral charging station anymore.:( You will have to reserve one of their light systems, or borrow some from friends to have enough light power for the race.

R

RideMonkey

THere ususally are neautral charging stations, but they are not FAST CHARGE. If the charge takes 10 hours, its not of much use. Also, no one supervises the neutral station so your lights could get clipped.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
THere ususally are neautral charging stations, but they are not FAST CHARGE. If the charge takes 10 hours, its not of much use. Also, no one supervises the neutral station so your lights could get clipped.
I don't know RM, both the races I have been to DIDN'T have a neutral station.

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by Heidi

I don't know RM, both the races I have been to DIDN'T have a neutral station.
Thats cuz you out there doing the podunk Cali races. We gonna see you at Moab next year? :D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

Thats cuz you out there doing the podunk Cali races. We gonna see you at Moab next year? :D
Podunk huh? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yah, I might do Moab next year...might!:)

R

RideMonkey

If they "charged free of charge", it doesn't sound like they did anything! :D

(ok, I know...lame :rolleyes: )
LOL! So they actually stole your charge?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

If they "charged free of charge", it doesn't sound like they did anything! :D

(ok, I know...lame :rolleyes: )
I actually was giggling when I wrote that because it sounded funny.:p

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

"tee hee hee"

Doesn't the word "giggle" just sound girly? For example, I would never say that I "giggled". I "chuckled".
Yer probably right, I giggle a lot though.:p

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Heidi...serious question this time...(believe it or not! :D )
do you use the Performance brand when you race?
were you able to charge that battery at the charging stations?
FYI my niterider HID didn’t need charging after 2:20. It still had and 1:40 before it needed charging again. You can get a plug in adaptor for your vehicle and with a microbrute charge it will be done in 5 hours.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator

FYI my niterider HID didn’t need charging after 2:20. It still had and 1:40 before it needed charging again. You can get a plug in adaptor for your vehicle and with a microbrute charge it will be done in 5 hours.
Typical guy, you didn't even read his requirements! He only wanted to spend 1$50-200, not $1000!:D

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
Thanks for all the input....Heidi is sucha sweetheart...so motherly among us all (except for the giggling...)

I will probably buy the Performance branded lights. I once ran out of battery on a ride back in Marin Co and boy, that was the one most fun and technical ride I've had. Where's the full moon when I needed one.

Next year's goal..win one goddam friggin race for a change. And do one 24 hr team or (gulp) solo race.

tango mucho all

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I am in no way related to Ozzer, nor did I pay him to say these nice things about me. I'm just glad someone realizes what a
I am!

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
I said motherly...angel is altogether a different ballgame... :D

but you're a sweetheart nonetheless (counting my brownie points)....

you better give me a howler if your mob is doing any ride...this Sat I'm booked...DH day...and that again, I thanked you for...for the heads up..

Slacking away....

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Actually, I should be totally honest....people that don't know about my bad habit of being a brat might get the wrong impression.

Heidi is an absolute sweetheart. She's totally considerate, kind-hearted, thoughtful, always willing to help, humble, trustworthy, and dependable.
I'm sure that Captain Cogset wakes up everyday and gazes lovingly at the beauty lying next to him, amazed that such an angel graced his life.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
I'd give my kidney....half of my spleen (if all possible)...some of my Mojo just to be stuck with a woman as dillusional about biking as Heidi.
I'm not the type to say bad things about my previous GFs but biking as my lifestyle has always been a deathblow to our relationships. So the lucky husband of Heidi and among other dudes with biker dudettes, stand proud and keep rubbing it in. Pour salt and squezze some lime on our open wounds.

Any mtbiker chick available...pls inquire within <------ ;)

G

gravity

hmmmm yes i think a biking femme would be most suitable to my needs. sex n bikes. :D

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Originally posted by Ozzer
I'd give my kidney....half of my spleen (if all possible)...some of my Mojo just to be stuck with a woman as dillusional about biking as Heidi.
I'm not the type to say bad things about my previous GFs but biking as my lifestyle has always been a deathblow to our relationships. So the lucky husband of Heidi and among other dudes with biker dudettes, stand proud and keep rubbing it in. Pour salt and squezze some lime on our open wounds.

Any mtbiker chick available...pls inquire within <------ ;)
Look out Stosh, there's a new e-mack in town.
(Now I've got TWO people to make fun of! Oh the joy!)