Quantcast

Like a friggin weed!......(kids)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
holy cow! my wife snagged some pics of the kids in their christmas outfits and i was astounded.
lil' manimal has shot up like a weed! i swear he was like 2' tall and 20lbs last week!

man, i'm freaking out here...any other parents close their eyes and open them to alice in wonderland growing kids?

i'm stoked that he's big enough to do some urban riding w/ me but sad 'cause he's not so little anymore (although he's still dwarfed by the other kids in his gymnastics class ;) )

the pic that made me freak out

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
We can't keep our kids in clothes - they grow out of them too fast! Our 8-month old son is in the 160th percentile in length and the 50th percentile in weight. Our daugther (3 and a half) is taller than my 5 year old neice.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Gotta love kids... My wife has been hauling out the infant clothes in preparation for our new one. We can't believe our daughter (who i almost 2) used to fit into them!

Now how long will it be before some idiot posts that "he'd hit it"?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i'm still getting used to the idea of having a kid... can't believe how fast it's going already..

July:

5 months later:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
laura said:
good grief he's getting so big. i thought you just had your youngest daughter. how old are they?

noah is 5.5, mikaela is 2.5 and emily is 15 months. the funny thing is that the youngest is heavier than her older sister :confused:

the two older ones didn't even make it on the growth chart until they were 2.5 respectively. mikaela is still super tiny at 20 pounds but they've put her in the 3-4 yr old gymnastic class :thumb: i wish i could do 4 pull-ups when i was 2 ;)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
MMike said:
Gotta love kids... My wife has been hauling out the infant clothes in preparation for our new one. We can't believe our daughter (who i almost 2) used to fit into them!

Now how long will it be before some idiot posts that "he'd hit it"?
Yeah that was one of the more idiotic things I've ever seen here.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
manimal said:
noah is 5.5,
Just out of interest Manimal what's his height and weight? He's almost the same age as my youngest, be interesting to compare as kids in Australia tend to be bigger and heavier than kids of the same age in Japan.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Wow. I got a buddy who's selling a large Orange 222. Looks like Lil'Manimal just about needs it!

Doesn't look like Mikaela can fit inside one of your knee pads anymore, either!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
laura said:
thats how tall i was at 12. i stopped growing when i hit 14 or 15 though.

I figure she will be top out at about 6'... if that saying about measuring a kid at 2 then doubling it for their max height is true.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
manimal said:
the two older ones didn't even make it on the growth chart until they were 2.5 respectively. mikaela is still super tiny at 20 pounds but they've put her in the 3-4 yr old gymnastic class :thumb:
I thought I was the only one with a tiny kid. My daughter is just over two and the only time she comes close to weighing 21 lbs is when she doesn't **** for a few days. It good to know to there are other kids out there barely/not on the growth chart.

E

enkidu

Truly lovely. They have eyes and smiles of the ones who are bountifully loved, manimal.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I love the little kid flat top!

Everyone had those when I was that age... we all looked like little NASA engineers back then.

:D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
valve bouncer said:
Just out of interest Manimal what's his height and weight? He's almost the same age as my youngest, be interesting to compare as kids in Australia tend to be bigger and heavier than kids of the same age in Japan.

he's about 38" tall and i'm guessing around 35lbs in weight. i'm not sure about his exact weight as it's been a while since his last visit to the dr. and at that time he was 32lbs. he's still very small when compared to his peers, most of the kids in his kindergarten class are around 50lbs and well over 40".

Polandspring88 - i'm getting him started early in the path to being an oppressor :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
hot off the press........
a co-worker dabbles in photography and wanted to test out her new d70 so we took the kids to a local, modern-day castle and snagged a few pics. i'd love to back to this place in the spring when the garden is blooming. this place is booked up year round for weddings on the weekend.

caught in the act ;)

the only pic w/ all kids sitting still, minor miracle at work here

yungin'

another good pic of my growing boy on the castle mote wall

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Thats awesome (nice high and tight too!), my wife just gave birth to our first (10lb 7oz) cant wait to watch him grow. Then when he is growing you want it to stop. Whatever i just stoked to have a kid.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
man, i'll be happy with an old used digital SLR anything! my POS soccer mom sony blows. i have to color correct every shot and it sucks monkey nuts for action stuff.
i'm almost considering selling my p2 or trading it for a used rebel or DXX. i mainly ride the bighit now anyway.