Quantcast

like big jumps on bicycles?

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
When the music stopped at the end I thought the guy was going to case it....glad he never! That was Rad

Last edited:

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I cant see how anyone can beat Vanderham's moto whips. He gets completely sideways! I remember there was a shot from The Collective maybe? of him doing a SICK whip out in Utah, i had to rewatch it a couple times.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
sooo let me get this straight.. there is a jump comp on these but just from a bunch of downhillers not dj'ers right? vanderham hands dowwwwn for moto whiping.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
sooo let me get this straight.. there is a jump comp on these but just from a bunch of downhillers not dj'ers right? vanderham hands dowwwwn for moto whiping.
I feel like if brendan semenuk showed up, it would totally ruin it. He would 360 something and it would be gay. But JD swag is an exception because he also DJ's, but he has mad whips.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
So, let me get this straight.. there is a competition someone is putting on, fun and tricks will be had and you are bitching about it?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
anybody besides me think those are kinda small for pros to throw whips on?

I mean, if I look at a jump and think it's doable by me...it's not that huge. Whips need time too air marinate.....

Loochi

Chimp
Aug 18, 2009

I mean, if I look at a jump and think it's doable by me...it's not that huge. Whips need time too air marinate.....
If those are small than what is big? I've seen a lot of big jumps and only a few times have I actually seen a "peak to peak" double for mtb's anywhere around 40 feet long. Those are big.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Anyobdy else think that they should be more "poppy" and "steep" It might just be the BMXer in me but i always throw my better whips on a more poppy jump where i can dive into the landing.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I don't disagree that it may be easier to whip a lippy bmx type jump, but usually dh jumps are more about speed, and less about pop. For this comp it makes sense. Also, 50 feet is huuuuge! I want to see pics of Bizutch hittin' some nasty (40'+) dubs!!!

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler

Pics or STFU. Do you always need to big-note yourself every time you see footage of someone doing something impressive on the internet?

Anyway, the jumps look sick. This is just a whip competition yeah? Can't wait to see the footage!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Pics or STFU. Do you always need to big-note yourself every time you see footage of someone doing something impressive on the internet?
If you'd like to dig through the forums and post some evidence of that, go right ahead. I may be a jerk, but I don't ever pretend I'm a big shot at all. I laugh at me more than anybody does. You've been wound high and tight for a while bro. Decompress.:thumb:

These are the only really big stuff I've hit on the DH bike in the last few years. Keep in mind, I'm 37 and if 40 feet is a race run jump for me, 50 feet is a mere scrub for 20 year old pro. I'm not even a good jumper.

I'd think they would be hitting jumps like the ones at the Nationals, with lots of float time and boost. Maybe it's the landscape or the camera angle, but that first jump looks like just a speed run in. The guy that cases it coasted all the way.

Here's the only pic evidence of me jumping things an old man shouldn't.:rofl:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bizutch, I have a micrometer if you guys wanna whip yer dicks out to measure. I think there's even a digital one in the lab so your old eyes can read it :busted:

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
I'd think they would be hitting jumps like the ones at the Nationals, with lots of float time and boost. Maybe it's the landscape or the camera angle, but that first jump looks like just a speed run in. The guy that cases it coasted all the way.
It is a speed check afterall. :think:

Anyway, some whippage for comparison.

Vanderham:

----------------------------------------------------
Fairclough:

----------------------------------------------------
Minnaar (if he shows?):

Couldn't find any good ones of Strait, but I'm sure they exist

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Some really sh1tty footage I shot of Fairclough, in whistler. This is when I first got a video cam and first stab at final cut, so I did not know what the f I was doing, but you can still see him throw a few whips.
slowmo fail on Vimeo

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
should be noted, that fairclough rides sh!tfooted, so his body positioning keep him at a disadvantage, note that a 90 for Vanderham is 45 degrees feet position where as fairclough is 135. I am **** footed and as unimportant as it is, at this level will it play a factor?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
should be noted, that fairclough rides sh!tfooted, so his body positioning keep him at a disadvantage, note that a 90 for Vanderham is 45 degrees feet position where as fairclough is 135. I am **** footed and as unimportant as it is, at this level will it play a factor?
What the hell are you babbling about................

You know bikes can go out to either side regardless of your stance right?