Quantcast

Like, parts in San Diego.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Building some bikes up and just noticed that I don't have smaller tires.
Looking to get some tires in the range of 2.0 -2.1" (preferably Hutchie or Continental)
I can trade for DH tires for them if you're interested. I have Maxxis and Tioga Dh tires 2.5 etc etc etc

also looking for a decent and cheap xc crankset, isis preferably.
Local folks, got some??

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Orven said:
Looking to get some tires in the range of 2.0 -2.1" (preferably Hutchie or Continental)
I can trade for DH tires for them if you're interested. I have Maxxis and Tioga Dh tires 2.5 etc etc etc

Local folks, got some??

I have a brand new still in the box Conti Twister pro. It's a semi slick 2.0. I'll take a Romic shock :rolleyes: .

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
man too bad you didn't post this earlier when you were in Santa Barbara....

I have a 1.95 Bontragger Revolt, Larsen TT (used), Intense CC 2.25, a couple Kujo 2.25's, a Maxxis Dynomite 2.35 and a Maxxis Semi-slick 2.1. I'd gotten rid of any of them cheap :)

Let me know if interested at all, I've been trying to drop some tires for a while but no luck...

MTDBIKE

Chimp
Jan 7, 2004
1/2 FLIGHTLINE
I have a pair of Hutchie Phyton Golds 2.0 about 600 grams, fast roll and some
Specialized enduro 2.20 at the same weight but better grip.

My DH tires don't get very much use, ie Mich 32 soft 2.8

Trying out a pair of new EpiWolf's 2.1's for my light XC bike.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
MTDBIKE said:
I have a pair of Hutchie Phyton Golds 2.0 about 600 grams, fast roll and some
Specialized enduro 2.20 at the same weight but better grip.

My DH tires don't get very much use, ie Mich 32 soft 2.8

Trying out a pair of new EpiWolf's 2.1's for my light XC bike.
what do you want for the Pythons? how much? are you going to fontana this weekend?

Orven said:

Local folks, got some??

Hey Goose, Do you still have those gold truvativ's ?
I'm in miami and in need of building up the tracer.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
LOOnatic said:
Hey Goose, Do you still have those gold truvativ's ?
I'm in miami and in need of building up the tracer.
sweet... so you wanna sell that crankset to me then?
gold is so passe'

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
LOOnatic said:
Shucks, if ya need em then use em foolio'.
This state is flat and riding the Bullit is passe' but i'll get over it.
Anway, i actually forgot what parts i left at yar humble abode.
Do i have a set of ragged Hayes their too?
I dunno :nuts:
crap. I had them ready for you to pick up long ago when Clinton was still the president. I think I have your H-bar, Hayes brakeset (Pegboy cough up the other one), crankset, pedals, rear wheel (god sake, retire it), shifter and lil thingies. Other than the crankset and hayes, evrything was beat. But thanks, I'll use the crankset.. :p

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
Anyone local selling a cheap fork? I'm building my little frankenbike old school hardtail and the last missing piece is a fork. Trying to stay under $150, don't need a real long steerer (7" minimum I guess), needs to be v -brake compatible.

Orven said:
crap. I had them ready for you to pick up long ago when Clinton was still the president. I think I have your H-bar, Hayes brakeset (Pegboy cough up the other one), crankset, pedals, rear wheel (god sake, retire it), shifter and lil thingies. Other than the crankset and hayes, evrything was beat. But thanks, I'll use the crankset.. :p
aight,word......
Jay's gonna remarry his ex-wife and sell "Rancho de trabajo" !!
You should pass by cuz he has matching bikes for him and his girl and they are down to ride Noble.
Check yur PM's for his #.

Sir Peg better come clean i say.
:sneaky:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
mealsonwheels said:
Anyone local selling a cheap fork? I'm building my little frankenbike old school hardtail and the last missing piece is a fork. Trying to stay under $150, don't need a real long steerer (7" minimum I guess), needs to be v -brake compatible.
Ryan, I have a Judy XL DC...complete with v-brake bosses and 32 click air spring adjustment with 4" of pneumatic travel. It was donated to me by a fellow monkey so I'm just passing it along for nothing (I'm looking for Avid vee levers if you have some)... if you want it. Or I have the Manitue Dike fork (Judy SL)...you saw this on my fabulous ghetto HT at San Clemente. It's a lil squeaky (noise) but it works to a functional extent. Free stuff!

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
Orven said:
Ryan, I have a Judy XL DC...complete with v-brake bosses and 32 click air spring adjustment with 4" of pneumatic travel. It was donated to me by a fellow monkey so I'm just passing it along for nothing (I'm looking for Avid vee levers if you have some)... if you want it. Or I have the Manitue Dike fork (Judy SL)...you saw this on my fabulous ghetto HT at San Clemente. It's a lil squeaky (noise) but it works to a functional extent. Free stuff!
Crap, I just bought one. Free would have been better than $100. Thanks for the offer. Don't have any avid vee levers.

My build is going to be similar to your ghetto ht. I won't even have disc brakes on it.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
mealsonwheels said:
Crap, I just bought one. Free would have been better than $100. Thanks for the offer. Don't have any avid vee levers.

My build is going to be similar to your ghetto ht. I won't even have disc brakes on it.
wurd. I'm thinking of converting that ghetto HT to a rigid just by virtue of being stupid (and bec I inherited a Haro FS frame from my GF accidentally). But I think it'll be more stupid to invest on a rigid fork with disc tabs. Let's ride next weekend..

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
Orven said:
wurd. I'm thinking of converting that ghetto HT to a rigid just by virtue of being stupid (and bec I inherited a Haro FS frame from my GF accidentally). But I think it'll be more stupid to invest on a rigid fork with disc tabs. Let's ride next weekend..
You should build a singlespeed rigid. I haven't really ridden much the last month, so I'm itching to get out again. Next weekend sounds great. I'll email you.

blong

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
San Diego
LOOnatic said:
aight,word......
Jay's gonna remarry his ex-wife and sell "Rancho de trabajo" !!
You should pass by cuz he has matching bikes for him and his girl and they are down to ride Noble.
Check yur PM's for his #.

Sir Peg better come clean i say.
:sneaky:
out of curiosity, what's he selling it for?

blong said:
out of curiosity, what's he selling it for?
Well its not black and white.
He and his brother jointly own 12 acres, Jay's house and the bigger house at the bottom of the driveway.
The current tenant at that house works for Viejas and wants to buy it all.
Jay is trying to get @ $500-600,000 !!!!! for it all that he'll have to split 3 ways(family you know).
So Jay is trying to start a new life for himself and his future ex-new wife.
Argh, the irony.

wirly

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego
The once-and-future ex-wife might work.

Hey, Loo, when are you going to return to some good riding grounds? Is Whistler still on the agenda for summer? Without the hacienda to park, where will home be??

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
wirly said:
Without the hacienda to park, where will home be??
I think typical zone enforcement regulation in most jurisdictions allow RV on-street parking for 30 days. He just needs to alternate the location here and there (notwithholding Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe and La Jolla).. :)

wirly

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego
Orven said:
I think typical zone enforcement regulation in most jurisdictions allow RV on-street parking for 30 days. He just needs to alternate the location here and there (notwithholding Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe and La Jolla).. :)
Ah yes, I had not thought of that. Of course I'd be more inclined to visit him were he squating in the mentioned zip codes. I would love to see the faces of locals driving by in thei Maybachs as Loo is sitting on his "porch" in only lycra shorts reading Bike magazine. :D