Quantcast

Like thoughts on No versus Full Suspension

Jan 28, 2006
Hi guys,

I live in Salt Lake where we have mountains surrounding the city. Spent a lot of time doing the trails in Hansen Hollow by Tanner Park, Millcreek Canyon etc... One guy on this site posted that he was into Independent Fabrication bikes so I thought you or he may be able to filll me in a bit more on their models. #1 I have never trained on Full suspension and wanted to know what the weight and performance difference would be between an 18 inch steel Independent Fabrication Tungsten electrode and an 18 inch Steel Deluxe?

#2 I Wanted to get thoughts from someone who has been on the top suspension systems out there. The IF DW Link suspension sounds amazing how does it compare with other top suspension systems in performance/weight?

#3 Many Utah trails are technical and it seems to me that any suspension may not be worth the extra weight. Does it make a big difference with arm fatigue and overall control?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
DW link rides on par with Maestro and i-Drive, with VPP coming in a close fourth, IMHO.

But, better question...Why the IF? Isn't there like, one dealer on the Wasatch Front?

I'm confused...you ride at Tanner, but tanner is mostly DJs...

And with trails around here full-sus is the way to go...this far into full-suspension development, if you've got the money (which it seems you do, if you're looking at Indy Fab), go for it, no reason not to.