Quantcast

Lil' Manimal - Episode III *best vid yet!*

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I finally made the time to sit down and edit a bunch of random footage and pics from the last year or so...or pretty much since the last time i made a decent quality vid.

the vid encompasses everything from this past winter until now and includes some footy from his first real DH race at dark mtn on July 8.

enjoy!

i made two files. one is full size on youtube.com at around 90mb, the other is on putfile at around 25mb for faster viewing.

youtube full-res version

putfile version for faster viewing but lower quality
http://media.putfile.com/Noah-Episode-III

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
laura said:
how is he enjoying the suspension? Its crazy how good he is getting.
he really enjoys the suspension although i don't think he's realized the full potential he has with that much travel. i think when he grows into it a little more over the next year or so he'll be killing it.

since the move to our new house with lots of "natural terrain" [read: lots of stuff to build stunts out of], he's been riding his yellow bike a lot more. i think it's juse easier for him to manuever around on skinnies and such. kinda like him having a trail bike and a dirt jump bike. :D

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow man, your kid is going to be a shreder when he gets older! When I have kids at some point in my life I want them to be as awesome as your kid. =]

How did he do in the race?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Freakin awesome man!!!!

just from that, you NEED to bring him to Diablo. he'd be able to do some of those trails NO problem. and have a load of fun.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Damn Manimal, your camera work there is great mate. Really good video there, I was impressed. Your young bloke is going into school in September? Tell him to bring a video to show and tell, he'll make those other kids look like poofs.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Total Heckler said:
How did he do in the race?
well, dark mtn was more of an "exhibition" thing for him as there really isn't much competition in the 6 yr old bracket ;) Gaurd was very gracious in letting noah race the course and made him feel like a part of the scene.

he did ok at the sugar race, they didn't have a kids dh race this year so he had to ride against a bunch of XC-bred kids....but he hung with the pack. :thumb:

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
The best thing about that video, in my opinion, is that you were shouting encouragement to him during the race instead of screaming at him to pedal. It drives me nuts when when some fat dad stands on the sidelines and screams like an idiot.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Potroast88 said:
The best thing about that video, in my opinion, is that you were shouting encouragement to him during the race instead of screaming at him to pedal. It drives me nuts when when some fat dad stands on the sidelines and screams like an idiot.
haha..thanks. i'm just the fat dad that is too stoked to see his 6yr old racing the same course he is. i shout "pedal" sometimes as well, but it's hard not too....kinda like bike racing's version of "keep your eye on the ball..."; but i always make sure to tell him he's doing a great job no matter what. there have only been one or two times when he said he just didn't want to ride, one of those days when you're just not "feeling it"....so we go fishing or swimming instead.
the way i look at it, every father imparts something to their children. i'm blessed to say that noah specifically asks me for riding tips and to go with me. if it weren't for riding i'm sure i'd be posting on some fishing blog or whatever he'd be into about how much fun we're having. but don't get me wrong...i'm not one of those "best friend all the time" kind of dads, he gets put in line fairly often at home and knows that i demand for him to respect his elders (sir,mam type stuff) and be a good example to his younger siblings. but ride time is just "us" time...and he loves it. i'm probably screwing up somewhere in all of this. i rarely had "us" time w/ my dad so i'm overcompensating by default.
i appreciate the parental comments and concerns i get on RM from time-to-time, helps keep me in check and ensure that i'm not missing the point.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Is there a way I could get the highres version. I want to put it on my ipod with my other biking movies. I can't download from youtube or the putfile page there.

If you are willing to wait for the upload you could email it to my gmail address. chageman@ or maybe find another place to host it at?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i can't upload anything greater than 10mb on gmail. i'd be glad to send you the highres version but i'd need someone to host it for download.
anybody game for that?

perhaps google video? only drawback is that it takes several days to go live when i send it in

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
manimal said:
i can't upload anything greater than 10mb on gmail. i'd be glad to send you the highres version but i'd need someone to host it for download.
anybody game for that?

perhaps google video? only drawback is that it takes several days to go live when i send it in

Get a photobucket account (free) and load the vid on there.....100mb limit

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
manimal said:
anybody game for that?

http://www.sendspace.com

That way every body can have highres :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
cool. i'll sendspace it when i get home...if i start it now at work in my car i'll inevitably get a hot call and have to cut the connection.

pm me email addy's for those that want it directly, i'll also post the link.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
metalhead119042 said:
That little face plant looked pretty painful from what i saw :( . Was he okay after that one?
We were riding urban once and he crash...HARD. We thought he had broken his wrist. He cried a little and did a few "I want Momieeeee!"'s but then was composed enough to conclude that he had just gone to fast. That really amazed me, watching a five year old eat it super hard, but know exactly what he did wrong.