Quantcast

'lil Manimal rides the skinnies

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
after watching the flow riders section of "statement", noah decided that he wanted to ride skinnies like they do. so, being the responsible dad that i am, i gave him the opportunity :D

he made it after the 3rd try, pedaling the whole way.

his first try

finally made it

and coming from the other way

i just slapped the vid clips together, i'll post the link to that when i get back from my work christmas party in a few hours. or, if you want to see it before then, it'll be on freeridesouth.com in the video section.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
awesome, if i ever hace kids i hope they will be good at riding or skiing.

your avatar should be Noah doing a drop.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Silver said:
That's great. Get him a full face though...he looks like he doesn't mind taking headers :D
full face is coming for his b-day, we finally found a BMX helmet that'll fit his tiny head. i was just about ready to buy him a MX helmet, that would've been so heavy though.

i taught him how to bail via the use of the "ghost ride" today. his bike ran into some old lady's BMW when he let it go, luckily it didn't leave a mark :cool:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
vogey40 said:
Man your kid is so cool. I am trying to get my little nephew into riding. How did you do it?
lots of bike vids. when your kid grows up wanting to watch kranked 4 instead of yu-gi-oh, his perception of crashing and size is a little different than the average kid.

Hulk - I don't plan on getting him a DH bike anytime soon, he's blissfully ignorant on his fully rigid setup and he'll be a much better rider due to his rigid skills when he does get a DH bike. but....if he asks for one, i'm sure i'll have to oblige:rolleyes: :D as i'm trying to keep my bias and opinions away from him, don't want him to get burnt out "cause daddy said so". he doesn't ride or jump anything unless he ask to do it first, the skinny was even his idea. i'm so paranoid of being that, "football dad" that lives his life through his kids......i just hope my son has as much fun on a bike as i do

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
thats awesome man. the other vid of him rippin actually inspired my gf to start riding. she usually loves bike bids but didnt wanna ride. she watched the one vid of him and the stairs and shes like when u build your new dh bike can you teach me to ride your draco? im like sick. noah rips man. hes my hero hes the next cedric or peaty for sure

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
manimal said:
lots of bike vids. when your kid grows up wanting to watch kranked 4 instead of yu-gi-oh, his perception of crashing and size is a little different than the average kid.

Hulk - I don't plan on getting him a DH bike anytime soon, he's blissfully ignorant on his fully rigid setup and he'll be a much better rider due to his rigid skills when he does get a DH bike. but....if he asks for one, i'm sure i'll have to oblige:rolleyes: :D as i'm trying to keep my bias and opinions away from him, don't want him to get burnt out "cause daddy said so". he doesn't ride or jump anything unless he ask to do it first, the skinny was even his idea. i'm so paranoid of being that, "football dad" that lives his life through his kids......i just hope my son has as much fun on a bike as i do
Thank god. Alot of these awesome groms dont even worry me once I see their dads and what a bunch of asses they are, they wont last long enough to be a threat. JJ Gregrowich was the best trials rider in the US, and probably the western hemisphere, by the age of 16, but he ended up hating trials and I think alot of it had to do with his dad being a dumb redneck who pushed him constantly and yelled at him when he screwed up. BMX dads are usually just as bad as football dads.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
TheInedibleHulk said:
Thank god. Alot of these awesome groms dont even worry me once I see their dads and what a bunch of asses they are, they wont last long enough to be a threat. JJ Gregrowich was the best trials rider in the US, and probably the western hemisphere, by the age of 16, but he ended up hating trials and I think alot of it had to do with his dad being a dumb redneck who pushed him constantly and yelled at him when he screwed up. BMX dads are usually just as bad as football dads.
i think there's a fine line between productive encouragement and being overbearing. I explained to him early on that if he wanted to do this type of riding that he'd have to accept the fact that he's gonna crash...a lot. i guess that's why he doesn't cry or quit when he eats it. I challenge him sometimes to do more but he knows that i'm proud whether he does it or not. i try to supply him with lots of opportunity but i don't force him to do it just because i spent time in making the opportunity. if i build a ramp that's too big or if he just doesn't want to ride that day...fine, we'll do something else. but so far, he's usually the one pressing me to build stuff.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
your kid is awesome. trying that over and over until it's dark gets a big :thumb:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
manimal said:
full face is coming for his b-day, we finally found a BMX helmet that'll fit his tiny head. i was just about ready to buy him a MX helmet, that would've been so heavy though.

i taught him how to bail via the use of the "ghost ride" today. his bike ran into some old lady's BMW when he let it go, luckily it didn't leave a mark :cool:
how old is he?

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
So inspirational! Your son's got serious coordination...
I wish I had seen the Kranked series earlier in my riding career.
My one year old daughter loves that video, too, BTW

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Ciaran said:
Awsome! When is Noah heading to Whistler? :D
i'm trying to talk my wife into a vacation there, i think she's down w/ it. i told her that if i can take my bike, she can shop :thumb:

dude, thanks for hooking up the website, i'm still trying to figure it all out. i don't have any web software but for now, can't i just do some corny main page in MS word and save it to HTML? then just link the vids/pics?

oh yeah, in case you guys didn't know. ciaran donated webspace and even hooked up the domain name for my son. it's NOAHRIDES.COM and it'll be up and running soon....i hope.

themontashu - to answer your question, he'll be 20 in 2020.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
manimal said:
doesn't this count? or does it need to be a defined -skinny to drop to tranny-? :D
Holy Crap! Your son is AWESOME! He puts me to shame...that's for sure :D

I also love the fact that you let him initiate it....you two must have an awesome relationship. Something my husband and I can only dream of having with my (future) kids!