Quantcast

'Lil Manimal won his first race....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
this is somewhat of a xpost from the south forum...well, the pics are anyway.

noah raced in the Jr. class for Dual Slalom at Hobby Park in Winston Salem, NC. Up until about 10 minutes before qualification runs he was going to have to race himself as there was no competition in his age group (5). then at the last minute, a guy that i'd met the week before and invited him and his kid to come to the race showed up. his 6 yr old was ready to go :thumb:

so anyway, they were pretty much an exhibition sort of deal but they had no idea and raced their hearts out :D I can't tell you how stoked i was to see my little boy smiling as he led the other kid out of the first berm. he was so happy to be racing and the crowd, mostly locals who know him, was going wild.

anyhoo...here are the pics. Team Bar Hump Warrior t-shirts courtesy of escapeartist. Noah's team name is aptly " Lil' Warrior" (mine is "tubby the oppressor" :D )

proud :thumb:

out of the woods with a nice lead

over the hip

blazing through the berm

Team Bar-Hump Warrior (minus some members) ...and my super neato trucker hat i won for 4th place. **never noticed how large my head is until this pic ;) **

oh yeah, he even entered the post-race dirt jump comp :thumb:

check the south forum for all of the race and dj contest pics here

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Lil'Manimal is soo cute. I remember seeing him crash at Sugar when i was on the chairlift, and he said he wants mommy. Then you said the quicker you get back on your bike and go we can see her, and he jumped right back on. It was tight.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Sherpa said:
Lil'Manimal is soo cute. I remember seeing him crash at Sugar when i was on the chairlift, and he said he wants mommy. Then you said the quicker you get back on your bike and go we can see her, and he jumped right back on. It was tight.

that was a rough ride for him....i felt so bad. i was told that his course was just the XC course backwards.....well, the adult beginner DH course was what it really was and his 16" wheels w/ coaster brakes didn't quite do the job. he cried when i told him i thought it was too dangerous for him to race.....broke my heart. he ate it hard 3 times on the way down, took us so long that i missed practice. i think he'll stick to DS/BMX until he can fit on a bigger bike :cool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Awesome! Congratulations.

My girlfriend follows the Lil Manimal threads now... I started to tell her that he won his first race and she said, "I know, I already read the thread." :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
binary visions said:
Awesome! Congratulations.

My girlfriend follows the Lil Manimal threads now... I started to tell her that he won his first race and she said, "I know, I already read the thread." :D

haha...that's cool. you want me to put her on the fan mail list ;)