Quantcast

"Lil Manimals' first hip (pics/vid)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
The boy and I met some local buds out at some dirtjumps and had a good day of riding. Noah did a few fast lines with kid-sized jumps...and then he tried this hip. The lip is nearly vertical and has a sweet downhill run-up.

i couldn't believe how well he was boosting it but unfortunately, when he did go big he couldn't figure out how to land on a hip and just slid out...but the hang time was RAD!

up the face

in the air (vid still)

here's a link to a small vid i put together of him hitting the hip here

local hero and bike shop owner, wheeliemert boosting a step-up

wheeliemert over a nice double

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
stinkyboy said:
Did you demand that wheeliemert wear a helmet?
seriously. I can't believe you posted a helmetless rider!!! :oink:

haha

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sick Vid. Love the way he tears into the jump at full speed. I cant wait for the day im shootin vids like that.... Almost bought a 12" bike this weekend, but figured it would still be too big for my 20 month old... :)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
stinkyboy said:
Aren't you sworn to "serve & protect"?

yup.....in my JURISDICTION and only applicable LAWS. neither of which apply to a twenty-something riding w/out a helmet on private land. thanks for turning this into a helmet debate a$$wipe. i believe a grown man on jumps that he helped build can decide whether or not to put on a helmet....and NC law agrees.

<begin rant>
i'm getting friggin sick and tired of the misconception that, because i'm a cop, i actually give a fark about what people do when i'm off duty and/or outside of my legal jurisdiction. even at the races some people are stand-offish because they know that i smell the weed they just lit up but don't understand that i can't do and don't want to do anything about it......i'm there to ride/race, there's enough illegal activity going on in MY TOWN that keeps me busy, i sure as hell don't feel like playing hall monitor to some racers trying to mellow out before a run. i work just like everyone else does....i put on my uniform, go to work, do my job and come home. the "cop" comes off with the uniform as soon as i step in my door. it's not a 24/7 lifestyle, just a fun job. but then you have a bunch of hypocritical arseholes that want to judge everything i do or don't do while off duty. so this is my official, "Kiss my arse", to all of the folks that think they're idea of what a cop should be like is the only idea.
<end rant>

oh yeah...stinkyboy....i understand that you may have been sarcastic in your post but many are not and i'm just making a point.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
manimal said:
yup.....in my JURISDICTION and only applicable LAWS. neither of which apply to a twenty-something riding w/out a helmet on private land. thanks for turning this into a helmet debate a$$wipe. i believe a grown man on jumps that he helped build can decide whether or not to put on a helmet....and NC law agrees.
I dispute your assertion that a twenty-something male might be a "grown man"

:D

J

JRB

Good rant, Manimal. You forgot the :mumble: though. Don't let the whiney bitches bring you down. I hope you at least call 911 when crap shoot busts his melon. :D

*edit - the kid is bad ass.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
manimal said:

<begin rant>
i'm getting friggin sick and tired of the misconception that, because i'm a cop, i actually give a fark about what people do when i'm off duty and/or outside of my legal jurisdiction. even at the races some people are stand-offish because they know that i smell the weed they just lit up but don't understand that i can't do and don't want to do anything about it......i'm there to ride/race, there's enough illegal activity going on in MY TOWN that keeps me busy, i sure as hell don't feel like playing hall monitor to some racers trying to mellow out before a run. i work just like everyone else does....i put on my uniform, go to work, do my job and come home. the "cop" comes off with the uniform as soon as i step in my door. it's not a 24/7 lifestyle, just a fun job. but then you have a bunch of hypocritical arseholes that want to judge everything i do or don't do while off duty. so this is my official, "Kiss my arse", to all of the folks that think they're idea of what a cop should be like is the only idea.
<end rant>

oh yeah...stinkyboy....i understand that you may have been sarcastic in your post but many are not and i'm just making a point.
Haha well if i still smoked weed i'd toke up in front of you man. :D :dancing: