Quantcast

lime ridge

dvo

Chimp
May 31, 2004
i bought a copy of east bay grease 2, and i loved the flow in the lime ridge section. the little bit i could find on the net made it sound like the trails are in jeopardy. are they still a go? i know to look for the water tower.......but from which entrance? anyone care to share?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Mach 5 has been illegal for a number of years.

WC park rangers patrol on foot, usually after driving their white trucks to a point below the tank and parking. Truck parked = be very careful.

You can access the trail by parking in the Cowell lot and riding up and around or you can ride over from the Boundary Oaks area.

No matter which way you decide to go, it will be a while before you should even consdier riding there. It's very wet right now and the lower margins are adobe clay which isn't rideable right now.

SuperJ

Chimp
Feb 2, 2003
Tahoe
bring some Bear mace for the rangers if they give you any guff. They tore down the jumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
yeah.. the rangers have been messing up the trails. they are in jeoprady...

funny thing is, is making mach 5 illegal. its not a trail that hikers are gonna wanna go down, especially at the g-out.

but ya, dont ride it until its been dry for awhile, that place gets unridable fast, and its been raining for days.