Quantcast

Limewire thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I didn't delete it, but I would venture that discussing illegal activities will generally result in getting moderated. Of course file sharing itself is not illegal, but it doesn't take much for a file sharing thread to cross the line.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Echo said:
I didn't delete it, but I would venture that discussing illegal activities will generally result in getting moderated. Of course file sharing itself is not illegal, but it doesn't take much for a file sharing thread to cross the line.
Yeah...all we were was discussing programs...I didn't see anything saying "SEACH FOR GIGLI AND DOWNLOAD IT ON *such and such*", hence, I was confused why a legit thread got blasted. Maybe Napster/iTunes/some other craptastic music download service sponsors this site? Eh? EH!?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Actually the first post in the thread said "I want easy access to new tunes without getting viruses or spyware". Tell me how that isn't asking how to pirate music.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Echo said:
Actually the first post in the thread said "I want easy access to new tunes without getting viruses or spyware". Tell me how that isn't asking how to pirate music.

Yeah but didn't somebody in the same thread give a link for legal free downloads (under some sort of open license agreement). There is free music out there that is also legal. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jdschall said:
Yeah but didn't somebody in the same thread give a link for legal free downloads (under some sort of open license agreement). There is free music out there that is also legal. Judge not lest ye be judged.
Generally it's a lot easier to delete a thread rather than try to go through every post and remove what's not appropriate. And you don't need Limewire to download legal music. AND I DIDN'T DELETE IT.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Echo said:
He wasn't referring to the actual music. It wasn't like he said "OMG, I need this new Blink 182 song, what's a good program!?". That's where you cross the line. Why do you think the program's sites don't get shut down?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
blue said:
That's where you cross the line.
Apparently the line is crossed earlier according to someone with decision making power :p

And is it really such a big deal? Is this the only place on the intarweb that you can learn about file sharing?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Echo said:
Apparently the line is crossed earlier according to someone with decision making power :p

And is it really such a big deal? Is this the only place on the intarweb that you can learn about file sharing?
No, but it's kind of nice to discuss amongst people you know about it...

"So don't use RM to do it!"

Fine...I just won't use RM to discuss anything. Lame.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Tenchiro said:
Well I was hoping that my mention of Creative Commons licensed music & software would legitimize the topic.
I'd recommend that you create a thread about it, because this one might not be around much longer either :D

Whining about moderators is so played...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Echo said:
I'd recommend that you create a thread about it, because this one might not be around much longer either :D

Whining about moderators is so played...
It's gone from moderating because people are...dillholes...to vested interest moderating. That's why I'm kinda pissed.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Echo said:
But no record companies are going to sue RM for it.
They can't seem to take down the services themselves, but they're going to take out a mountain biking forum with a single thread amongst thousands discussing the services? Do you know what the hell you're talking about?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
blue said:
They can't seem to take down the services themselves, but they're going to take out a mountain biking forum with a single thread amongst thousands discussing the services? Do you know what the hell you're talking about?
Yes. Do you?

Instead of taking down the services themselves, they decided to sue the parents of 11 year olds who downloaded 12 songs. Did you have a point?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Barbaton said:
So I've heard.

Someone mentioned a program called Limewire. I wonder if it is any good or if i am going to get an std or somehting
I got Chlamydia from Limewire :(

I heard Shareaza and Soulseek only carry HPV and maybe Herpes. Always use protection!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
blue said:
It's gone from moderating because people are...dillholes...to vested interest moderating. That's why I'm kinda pissed.
Uh, you know there's more that's taken into account when deleting a thread than your own personal feelings, right? There are advertisers and other business considerations for the content of this site.

Besides, smart guy, weed isn't even illegal, let alone criminal, everywhere - or did you forget that the US isn't the center of the universe?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
binary visions said:
Uh, you know there's more that's taken into account when deleting a thread than your own personal feelings, right? There are advertisers and other business considerations for the content of this site.

Besides, smart guy, weed isn't even illegal, let alone criminal, everywhere - or did you forget that the US isn't the center of the universe?
So? Most record companies are based in the US. Distributing copyrighted music is legal in Sweden. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.